Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

How to tweak CM 7.1.0 to get the best performances on a Hero?

performances tweak configuration

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#-19 TafT

TafT
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:TafThorne
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero (GSM)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

TafT, on 11 December 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

I have not got set my phone to over-clock either, well unless it does so by default? Hm... says 576 is the current Max clock speed which is a little over the 528 MHz the spec says so I will try dropping it to under that.

Dropped it and I get just as many resets, even got one today while Latitude was looking for my location which I don't think I have seen before.  I will have a read up on the current daily status to see if any other performance improvements have been made and if that does not work I might try dropping back to CM6 something (Although I think that suffered random reboots too).

#-18 smaundy

smaundy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:smaundy
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero GSM
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

I used to have this problem with all the programs noted above. I've recently flashed the CM7.2 RC1 build and I've had next to no resets when using the GPS sensor. It also seems to be a bit more responsive compared to CM7.1

#-17 nianrakluz

nianrakluz
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    my - Malaysia
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero GSM
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Try installing System Tuner. I use this application to overclock the CPU to 710MHz. So far it is stable and gives descent improvement in the performance. U can also make some others tweaks like task manager using this application.

U can get System Tuner Pro from BlackMart alpha.

I would advice not to install any other 'launcher apps'. ADW launcher that comes with CM7 is suffice to give a descent look. Just download a nice theme and apply.
See some here: http://www.addictive...themes-android/

BTW I'm using CM7.2. but I think these tweaks would work on CM7.1 too

Hope this helps

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: performances, tweak, configuration