I am a new CM user. Came from Sense and the latest sense rom I used was Synergy. It is an EXCELLENT mod, but it's WAY too heavy on my phone. Gets too laggy, sometimes it force closed and even random reboots due to memory issues. So, I had Boot Manager (EXCELLENT app, recommend for testing) and installed CM7.1, MIUI, VaelPak and KingsROM. I was very impressed with the performance of CM7.1 and found myself booting to it constantly.
While I love the speed it gives my phone and how it makes it feel, love the theme chooser, the fact that everything in it works (4g even when I don't have the signal here) - HDMI - etc., and had no issues with GPS (I always use TeleNav as Google maps, for some reason, is not entirely accurate in Puerto Rico), I do have a few gripes that, since reading the forums, I found many people have as well. I see I am not alone in it, so I will condense my gripes in this post to see if anyone can help, or point me to the directions where they were already discussed and solved.
1. Battery issues. I have noticed the battery getting hot, and rapid drain for the first 10-20%. When I say hot, I mean 100-120 degrees Fahrenheit. As I write this, my phone is idle and I just checked it. 103 degrees. Sometimes the phone will give me 10 hours use, sometimes 2. I hardly think this is normal.
2. Lock Screen not working properly. From time to time, I see how the phone does not show the lock screen coming from sleep stage. Have to try it again and a few times for it to finally show.
3. No search for contact on Dial pad. I use this feature constantly, and now I am re-training myself on now to use the contacts app. Is there a way or a mod I can use to bring this back to my phone?
4. Charging issues. Sometimes, my phone simply will not charge. I plug the OEM charger in and sometimes, the charge light starts blinking from orange to green. The phone reports that the battery is HOT, but the phone is cool, and so is the battery when I pull it. Other times, the phone will simply shut off the charge light and show a question mark on the battery icon. It will not charge. Again, a battery pull will fix this for a day or three.
5. Touch screen going crazy. After coming in from the lock screen, I have noticed that the screen will not register my commands and will go haywire. Battery pull solved this... and this issue is extremely rare (happened once but I saw it reported here somewhere).
So, yes, the mod is awesome and I DO realize that this effort is a free mod, where users should not moan and fuss about the issues they encounter. I respectfully submit this report in hopes that they get fixed. If not, it's OK, because, as it is, this mod is bar none, heads over the AOSP competition - and many SENSE ones too. I just have never had to do so many battery pulld after I left the BlackBerry world... heh.
Cheers and thanks for a wonderful piece of work. This rom is truly awesome and I hope to keep as daily runner for a LONG time.
Edited by Mordred69, 16 October 2011 - 04:48 PM.