Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

R800a

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blindingshadow

blindingshadow
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Device Model:
    Xperia Play R800a
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hi all,

I note that the current release states R800i only, yet the blog posts and even forum titles here state only Xperia Play GSM. I own a R800a which is also GSM (850) and have been able to install and use R800i roms before without any issue. Is there anything beyong the build.prop preventing me from flashing this?

Edit: Nevermind, confirmed working without any mods required.

Edited by blindingshadow, 12 October 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#2 scuddy

scuddy
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Sony Ericsson Play
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Great, You asked the question I had and answered it yourself. Thanks a bunch. :D

#3 Edgar Cervantes

Edgar Cervantes
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys. I flashed the latest version of Cyanogenmod, and also tried the second-to latest. They both seem to have an issue with reading my sim, and stupid me forgot to make a back up. I am having trouble getting the phone back to working. Everything works with cyanogenmod, except the network. no calls, no signal, no texts, no nothing... I was wondering if one of you would know how I can fix this. Or if anyone has the stock rom backed up, and then I would be able to flash it back to normal... By the way, I have an R800a version.

#4 Bazamuffin

Bazamuffin
  • Members
  • 144 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Xperia Play R800i
  • CM Version:
    CM7.1.0.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Edgar Cervantes, on 27 October 2011 - 09:25 PM, said:

Hey guys. I flashed the latest version of Cyanogenmod, and also tried the second-to latest. They both seem to have an issue with reading my sim, and stupid me forgot to make a back up. I am having trouble getting the phone back to working. Everything works with cyanogenmod, except the network. no calls, no signal, no texts, no nothing... I was wondering if one of you would know how I can fix this. Or if anyone has the stock rom backed up, and then I would be able to flash it back to normal... By the way, I have an R800a version.

Head over to the xda forums and check out Flashtool 0.2.9.1.  Theres also links to various rom over there.  Just follow the instructions the instructions.  I had the bootloop problem with initial release and used this to restore my R800i back to stock

#5 Ketacdx

Ketacdx
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
  • CM Version:
    R800a
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

So just to be 100%. I am safe using a R800i rom on my R800a device? I am new to this and sorry if it is a dumb question. I would just love it if I do not brick my device!! :) lol

#6 Bazamuffin

Bazamuffin
  • Members
  • 144 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Xperia Play R800i
  • CM Version:
    CM7.1.0.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

You can always reflash stock firmware if anything goes wrong. Im sure there are other people in here that have the R800a and have flashed successfully