Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Android Market Apps Not Compatible with Nook Color with CyanogenMod 7 Installed

Nook Color Non compatible Market Apps CyanogenMod7

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 gbmungan

gbmungan
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

I recently installed CyanogenMod 7(update-cm-7.0.3-encore-signed.zip) on my Nook Color with the hope that I might be able to run the same apps that I am able to run on my HTC Inspire 4G smart phone.  At the same time, I installed Google apps (gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip) on my Nook Color.  According to the information I was able to get from my Nook Color and my HTC phone, both are running Android ver 2.3.3.  However, many of the apps that I was able to download and run, with no difficulty on my HTC phone, can not be downloaded to my Nook Color.  The message,  "Your device is not compatible with this item", is displayed when I attempt to download to my Nook Color.  This has happened for apps such as, Amazon Kindle, Amazon App Store, Battery Dr, WiFi Analyzer, Convert Pad, Pageonce Money and Bills, BOA mobile banking, USAA mobile and others.  I have been able to successfully download some apps with no problem. However, in some cases, an app may start to download, and then display the message, "Package File is invalid".   Under Content Filtering, for Market, I have no restrictions.  At this point I am frustrated as what I must do to be able to download the apps that I would like.  Is what I am experiencing what I should expect, or is there something else that I need to do to make the downloading of all apps possible?  

#2 bobstro

bobstro

We have reviewed your comments...

• Donators
  • 86 posts
  • Twitter:ttlexceeded
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Various
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:54 AM

Search around a bit. It's a common problem, and there are many posts on how to deal with it. It seems to be less of an issue with recent nightly builds, if you're willing to give one a try.

#3 inportb

inportb
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:inportb
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Dream
  • CM Version:
    Ha! No longer using CM. Ginger Yoshi FTW.
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:55 AM

A common issue... with numerous solutions floating around. I'd recommend that you
  • install a recent nightly build >= #200
  • use gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
Enjoy! For details, please read the forum. Thanks.

#4 gbmungan

gbmungan
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

Thanks bobstro and inportb for the suggestions.  Based on a thread I read earlier, I had downloaded and installed gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip.  I got the same results.  To install a nightly build I assume that I download the zip file and then install it via Clockwork Recovery.  Is this correct?

#5 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

If you are running CM7 off an SD card, download a recent nightly (200 or above) and place it in the boot partition of the card. It will install when you reboot. If running CM7 off the eMMC, save yourself the effort and install ROM Manager and then use it to download and install nightlies. You will need a non bootable SD card inserted to use ROM Manager.

#6 gbmungan

gbmungan
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

I  installed the nightly   cm-encore-full-201.zip, and along with  gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip, I was able to get all apps that I needed to download from Market.  As a bonus, I also noticed that a problem I had been having with powering off the NC was also corrected.  In the past when I pressed Power Off, within a few seconds it would appear to lock up.  To complete the power off it would be necessary to hold the power button for about an additional five seconds, until the screen went dark.  Now when I press Power Off, within a few seconds the NC color actually powers off, and the screen goes dark.

Thanks to this forum for all of the help  My Nook Color is now working like a small android tablet, the way I had hoped it would.

#7 Henry7144

Henry7144
  • Donators
  • 12 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

View Postpatruns, on 28 September 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

If you are running CM7 off an SD card, download a recent nightly (200 or above) and place it in the boot partition of the card. It will install when you reboot. If running CM7 off the eMMC, save yourself the effort and install ROM Manager and then use it to download and install nightlies. You will need a non bootable SD card inserted to use ROM Manager.
Sorry, in advance, for the simplicity of this question:  I can't download the nook color app so I can downlaod my books, etc.  I presume that this solution will fix this and any other app issues?  where do I find ROM Manager and can you point me in the direction of how to use?  Thanks.

#8 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

View PostHenry7144, on 04 October 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

Sorry, in advance, for the simplicity of this question:  I can't download the nook color app so I can downlaod my books, etc.  I presume that this solution will fix this and any other app issues?  where do I find ROM Manager and can you point me in the direction of how to use?  Thanks.

See my response to your other post.

#9 Henry7144

Henry7144
  • Donators
  • 12 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Can anyone tell me where to get adobe flash 10.3 so I can run Hulu? Ran into dead ends going to adobe.

#10 Mac Hosehead

Mac Hosehead
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

View PostHenry7144, on 07 October 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me where to get adobe flash 10.3 so I can run Hulu? Ran into dead ends going to adobe.

Did you try the Market?

-MH

#11 Henry7144

Henry7144
  • Donators
  • 12 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

Yes, no luck.  Anyone know why Youtube won't work?  Opens but won't play videos.  Is there a fix?  Thanks.

#12 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Stop it and switch from HD to a lower resolution.

#13 Henry7144

Henry7144
  • Donators
  • 12 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

Does'nt even start playing.  Went to settings and unchecked high quality which is the only place I see to change resolution

#14 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

View PostHenry7144, on 07 October 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

Does'nt even start playing.  Went to settings and unchecked high quality which is the only place I see to change resolution

That is the only fix I have seen so far. Let's hope for an app upgrade.....

#15 scales11

scales11
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    nexus one
  • CM Version:
    7.0.3-N1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

I am still unable to install many apps (google maps, nook app, and more) with the latest experimental, nightly 177, nightly 211, and gapps-gb-20110828.  Does anyone have any ideas?

#16 patruns

patruns
  • Members
  • 662 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    C10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

Did you go into the market app and clear data/cache? Should be working with 211.....

#17 alejo_m_c

alejo_m_c
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    P990
  • CM Version:
    stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

Hi, I couldn't Install google maps, the reason was: "is not available in your country", I've installed MarketEnabler app which fixed my problem. perhaps It might help you.

#18 ddoyle

ddoyle
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    nook color (rooted)
  • CM Version:
    cyanogen mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

View Postgbmungan, on 28 September 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

I  installed the nightly   cm-encore-full-201.zip, and along with  gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip, I was able to get all apps that I needed to download from Market.  As a bonus, I also noticed that a problem I had been having with powering off the NC was also corrected.  In the past when I pressed Power Off, within a few seconds it would appear to lock up.  To complete the power off it would be necessary to hold the power button for about an additional five seconds, until the screen went dark.  Now when I press Power Off, within a few seconds the NC color actually powers off, and the screen goes dark.

Thanks to this forum for all of the help  My Nook Color is now working like a small android tablet, the way I had hoped it would.

Tried all the above and also went into settings/applications/market/ and cleared the cache. Still no luck: Kindle, Nook, Youtube all show "not compatible with your device"  -- other apps will install, but not the ones I want. Any suggestions?

#19 meteorrock

meteorrock

Nook Color Devs

• Donators
  • 1012 posts
  • Twitter:#!/cyanogen
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook color
  • CM Version:
    CM-11 - UNOFFICAL - encore | Kitkat | Android 4.4
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

View Postddoyle, on 22 October 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

Tried all the above and also went into settings/applications/market/ and cleared the cache. Still no luck: Kindle, Nook, Youtube all show "not compatible with your device"  -- other apps will install, but not the ones I want. Any suggestions?

Check thread here on that. http://forum.cyanoge...kage-available/

Update your .gapps file to the latest and update cyangenmod to the latest stable to get your nook up to date and compatible with all apps on the android market.

#20 ddoyle

ddoyle
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    nook color (rooted)
  • CM Version:
    cyanogen mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

Thank you.  I think I've done all that, but, since I am very new at all this, I may have made an error in updating. (my grandson did the rooting for me and mailed the nook color back to me). I downloaded both the files you described (the mod is cm_encore_full-227,  both files are zip files) and copied them to the root directory of my micro sd card, then inserted the card in the nook and started it.  Once the files loaded and I had the screen with the list of actions, with "reboot" at the top of the list highlighted, I removed the card and rebooted the nook.  I also went into settings/market and cleared the cache.  Perhaps this was not the correct procedure? Please excuse my lack of experience, and I appreciate your expert advice. Thanks again.