Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heyamil

Heyamil
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Captivate
  • CM Version:
    captivatemtd
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

I have a samsumg captivate with the room cm_captivatemtd_full-104.zip. For me cyano is the best room but i have some problems like the market i can't update the market. I have to uninstall the update every time I enter the market I clean the cache, clean default value, foce cloce, But the error is the same (process com.android.vending)"force close".

And i can't intall some app and game like third blade i dont know why.

how can i fix these problems?????

Edited by Heyamil, 23 September 2011 - 05:51 AM.

#2 Kaik541

Kaik541

The Arsehole Samsung Moderator

• Moderators
  • 598 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Captivate
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:28 AM

no logcat? didn't happen.

#3 zghansar

zghansar
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    |1|
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 5.0.8ds
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

go to Settings > Language & keyboard > Language > English (US). Select it again even if that was already the selected language.

worked for me

#4 catholicon

catholicon
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:vikassaurabh
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy i9300
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

View Postzghansar, on 25 September 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

go to Settings > Language & keyboard > Language > English (US). Select it again even if that was already the selected language.
This worked for me.

BTW, if any developers are looking at it, then here is the logcat snippet when the crash happened:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingApi$CountriesConverter.onResponse(VendingApi.java:368)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingApi$CountriesConverter.onResponse(VendingApi.java:359)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingRequest.deliverResponse(VendingRequest.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at com.google.android.vending.remoting.api.VendingRequest.deliverResponse(VendingRequest.java:42)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at com.android.volley.ExecutorDelivery$ResponseDeliveryRunnable.run(ExecutorDelivery.java:88)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3835)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:847)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:605)
E/AndroidRuntime(32116): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 1314):   Force finishing activity com.android.vending/.AssetBrowserActivity
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------