Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Factory reset not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 offroad2000

offroad2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

Here's what I'm running:
Android 2.2.1
Basband C_01.3E.01P
Kernal 2.6.32.9-cm-stk
Cyanogen Mod 6.1.2-Droid
Build # FRG83D

I sold the phone to a coworker and can't get it to do a factory reset (going into privacy, factory data reset). I did it a week ago and put in my google account in again. So it worked a week ago. I tried adding his Google account and delete mine but can't get his to sign in. It's only on WiFi now as he hasn't activated it yet. I haven't had service on it in months, just been using it to get online with WiFi at the house. I let him take it home over the weekend so he and his wife could play around with it. They are not tech savvy, so I'm not sure if there was some setting they could have changed accidently to not allow a reset. I've tried the hard reset as well. That's not working either. I would like to keep it rooted, just get my account off of it. Any ideas?

#2 AbsoluteZero

AbsoluteZero

Droid Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1542 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    1+1,N5,motox,N4,N7,SGN,D1
  • CM Version:
    CM11s,stock,stock,CM10.2,CM10.2,CM10.1,N#174
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Wipe data and cache from recovery. No reason that shouldn't work.

#3 offroad2000

offroad2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

I've tried "reboot into Recovery" from Rom Manager. It just reboots back to normal. I just noticed that when I do a factory reset through privacy a window pops up behind the "rebooting" window. It has 3 choices but the "rebooting" window is in front and I can't read it or select anything. I'm thinking they changed a setting without realizing it. I just can't figure out what. Superuser is selected for ROM manager.

#4 offroad2000

offroad2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

It keeps asking me to update to 7.0.3. I tell it ok and to wipe data and cache. It say's it will reboot into clockworkmod and recovery to continue installation. It never does. It just reboots back to normal.

#5 AbsoluteZero

AbsoluteZero

Droid Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1542 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    1+1,N5,motox,N4,N7,SGN,D1
  • CM Version:
    CM11s,stock,stock,CM10.2,CM10.2,CM10.1,N#174
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

View Postoffroad2000, on 23 May 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

I've tried "reboot into Recovery" from Rom Manager. It just reboots back to normal. I just noticed that when I do a factory reset through privacy a window pops up behind the "rebooting" window. It has 3 choices but the "rebooting" window is in front and I can't read it or select anything. I'm thinking they changed a setting without realizing it. I just can't figure out what. Superuser is selected for ROM manager.

View Postoffroad2000, on 23 May 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

It keeps asking me to update to 7.0.3. I tell it ok and to wipe data and cache. It say's it will reboot into clockworkmod and recovery to continue installation. It never does. It just reboots back to normal.
Sounds like your recovery is missing/damaged. Flash CWR using RM again. If it doesn't take, try reflashing according to this (you will need to be connected to wifi so the img can redownload) and then verify that you can boot into CWR (at which point you can reset). At this point, you may just want to reflash CM and gapps for them after resetting.

#6 offroad2000

offroad2000
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

That worked! Thanks a million! I had tried that before but said it couldn't connect to the network. I retried it after reading your post and guess had a better signal this time. It flashed, I downloaded 7.0.3 (which looks a lot better btw), and did the factory reset. Works like a charm!