Jump to content

Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse
 

Dual SIM Adapter operation


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hey Guys,

A few of us have been discussing the non-operation of Dual SIM adapters within CM7. For those of us that have Dual SIM adapters, we find them invaluable and it saves carrying 2 phones everywhere.

Essentially (I think at least), the Adapter has a chip that contains an STK (SIM Tool Kit) that shows in the apps list. You should then be able to switch between SIMs on the fly from this menu (amongst other options). In CM, whilst the STK shows in the apps list, and you can see the full menu in the STK, when you select any of the menu options, all you see is the whirling circle and nothing else happens.

This is a big element why I personally can't fully commit to CM7 and still have to run a Sense based Rom. Whilst I also quite like some of the whiz bang pops of the latest Sense ROM, I think most of the functionality can be gained by third party apps and I can't deny the additional speed.

I haven't been able to get the Dual SIM adapter to work in any of the AOSP of MIUI ROMs. Please help us gt it working in CM7

the recent thread was at:

http://forum.cyanoge...__1#entry187343

Cheers

Swin

#2 yugoport

yugoport
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    HD2
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

I´m on the same boat, thank you for posting this issue, hopefully someone will be able to help us..

#3 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

Does anyone know if this is something that CAN be fixed? Is it something that would happen in Cyan of elsewhere?

Just tried the latest nightly build and still no go. Does anyone have any ideas?

#4 Explore777

Explore777
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Country:
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Optimus T/Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    devoid.franco/open Optimus/phiremod nook
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

 swinster, on 19 May 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

Does anyone know if this is something that CAN be fixed? Is it something that would happen in Cyan of elsewhere?

Just tried the latest nightly build and still no go. Does anyone have any ideas?
Hoping this can be solved!

#5 BestWorker

BestWorker
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC WildFire
  • CM Version:
    WildPuzzleROM_2.2.1 v0.8
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

I have the same problem, as described above, on my HTC Wildfire. So, I'm still using Sense based ROM with 2.2 and waiting for solution from Cyanogen.

#6 JV15

JV15
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE BLADE
  • CM Version:
    Cyano 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

I personally solved the problem with a workaround on my zte blade with cyanogenmod 7.0.3 (nightly 106, but it doesn't matter).

STK still doesn't work so i activated 007 mode on my dual sim (26th dual sim) with another phone. Official producer 007's tutorial suggest to create a contact on the first sim with 001 as the name and 001 as the number and to create a contact on the second sim with name 002 and number 002. I managed to create them with an old phone as suggested by tsctossapol in this reply http://forum.cyanoge...post__p__205856 However this solution did not work out for me. So i downloaded Contact2SimPro to gain access to sim contacts. Then as soon as i try to save a 001 [name] and 001 [number] contact in the sim with Contact2SimPro the dualsim switches to the first sim. Saving 002 [name] and 002 [number] the dualsim switches on the second sim. Also with 007 [name] and 007 [number] you can reactivate dualsim's stk menu but keep in mind that you can't go back to 007 mode cause stk still doesn't work (so you need to put the dualsim on a different phone a reactivate 007 mode). Now i can switch between the 2 sims in about 15 seconds.

Couple of thoughts:
I am not a programmer but my two cents is that cyanogen stk can't send input to sim somehow. Also cyano contact manager (as far as i know) cannot manage sim contacts, this workaround require another contact manager.
I'm gonna try different programs to see which fits better.
Both my sims are named 001 and 002 respectively. Gonna try if this is required to switch between them in 007 mode.

Hope this may help somebody

#7 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

 JV15, on 20 June 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

I personally solved the problem with a workaround on my zte blade with cyanogenmod 7.0.3 (nightly 106, but it doesn't matter).

STK still doesn't work so i activated 007 mode on my dual sim (26th dual sim) with another phone. Official producer 007's tutorial suggest to create a contact on the first sim with 001 as the name and 001 as the number and to create a contact on the second sim with name 002 and number 002. I managed to create them with an old phone as suggested by tsctossapol in this reply http://forum.cyanoge...post__p__205856 However this solution did not work out for me. So i downloaded Contact2SimPro to gain access to sim contacts. Then as soon as i try to save a 001 [name] and 001 [number] contact in the sim with Contact2SimPro the dualsim switches to the first sim. Saving 002 [name] and 002 [number] the dualsim switches on the second sim. Also with 007 [name] and 007 [number] you can reactivate dualsim's stk menu but keep in mind that you can't go back to 007 mode cause stk still doesn't work (so you need to put the dualsim on a different phone a reactivate 007 mode). Now i can switch between the 2 sims in about 15 seconds.

Couple of thoughts:
I am not a programmer but my two cents is that cyanogen stk can't send input to sim somehow. Also cyano contact manager (as far as i know) cannot manage sim contacts, this workaround require another contact manager.
I'm gonna try different programs to see which fits better.
Both my sims are named 001 and 002 respectively. Gonna try if this is required to switch between them in 007 mode.

Hope this may help somebody

Hey JV15,

That's some good tips for those who have a SIM card with this functionality. I too have a MagicSIM (28th edition) with the ability to switch using dialling codes and have in the past set this up in Cyanogen, although there is one big downside to using the "007" method.

If you happen to be out of a signal area the phone will not even attempt to make a call, and so you cannot switch by dialling '001' or '002'. The SIM only seems to intercepts these codes if a call is actually made, and so if you do not have a signal, you cannot switch.

I would love someone who actually made be able to help in the resolution of the issue actually post here. I think there are quite a few of us out there that really want this feature to work and I'm sure if we can help in any way, we will.


Someone...........???????????

#8 JV15

JV15
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE BLADE
  • CM Version:
    Cyano 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

 swinster, on 20 June 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

Hey JV15,

That's some good tips for those who have a SIM card with this functionality. I too have a MagicSIM (28th edition) with the ability to switch using dialling codes and have in the past set this up in Cyanogen, although there is one big downside to using the "007" method.

If you happen to be out of a signal area the phone will not even attempt to make a call, and so you cannot switch by dialling '001' or '002'. The SIM only seems to intercepts these codes if a call is actually made, and so if you do not have a signal, you cannot switch.

I would love someone who actually made be able to help in the resolution of the issue actually post here. I think there are quite a few of us out there that really want this feature to work and I'm sure if we can help in any way, we will.


Someone...........???????????
On my mobile, if i try to made a call to 001, 002 or 007, nothing happens. In order to switch between SIMs i need to save 001 as a contact inside the phone. So i don't need signal to switch...

#9 swapper

swapper
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    defy
  • CM Version:
    cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

On defy on 2.2 it works fine. cm7 and miui doesnt work anymore.

any new ideas?

why is there no alternative app at the market for this?
we need help from devs

Edited by swapper, 23 June 2011 - 05:38 PM.


#10 swapper

swapper
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    defy
  • CM Version:
    cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

ok i contacted the manufacturer of my adapter.
This is the answer:
Hello,
 
Dual sim card do not work for 2.3.4 now.
 
we are finding way to solve it.
 
when we find solution, I will tell you.
 
Have a nice day !


#11 JV15

JV15
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE BLADE
  • CM Version:
    Cyano 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

 swapper, on 25 June 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

ok i contacted the manufacturer of my adapter.
This is the answer:
Hello,
 
Dual sim card do not work for 2.3.4 now.
 
we are finding way to solve it.
 
when we find solution, I will tell you.
 
Have a nice day !
I am with 2.3.4 with another rom (stock rom) and dual sim works. CM7 it's one of the few that gives me problem

#12 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

 JV15, on 25 June 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

I am with 2.3.4 with another rom (stock rom) and dual sim works. CM7 it's one of the few that gives me problem

I agree. I have used other ROMs that have used base android version of 2.3.4 but integrate Sense and they all have no issues with Dual SIM adapters.

The problem is not just confined to Cyanogen but, as far as I can tell, any ROM without Sense. I have asked many questions  around to try and see if this problem can be resolved, but so far no one has managed to come back with an answer. I was hoping that a Dev on here would be able to explain hwta might be required, but so far we have nothing.

#13 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

 JV15, on 20 June 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

On my mobile, if i try to made a call to 001, 002 or 007, nothing happens. In order to switch between SIMs i need to save 001 as a contact inside the phone. So i don't need signal to switch...

So each time you wish to switch you literally SAVE a contact to the SIM? I have tried this with Contact2SIM and another app but I get a message saying that the the actions can't be performed.

On the plus side for me, the dialling '001' or '002' does work for me - assuming there is a signal, otherwise the phone refuses to try an dial and hence wont switch.

#14 swapper

swapper
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    defy
  • CM Version:
    cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

is really no dev from CyanogenMod interested in this topic?

Edited by swapper, 26 June 2011 - 05:20 PM.


#15 JV15

JV15
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE BLADE
  • CM Version:
    Cyano 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

 swinster, on 25 June 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

So each time you wish to switch you literally SAVE a contact to the SIM?
Exactly. Actually the conctact is not really saved into SIM  but the instruction sent to dual sim perform the switch.
Also the latest rom that i am using does not have sense and dual sim works very well

Edited by JV15, 27 June 2011 - 02:21 PM.


#16 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

 JV15, on 27 June 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

Also the latest rom that i am using does not have sense and dual sim works very well

Sorry, what I meant with the original reply was that operating the Dual SIM adapter via the STK only works works with Sense, not that the Adapter itself or using the '001'/'002' trick doesn't work in Cyanogen or other AOSP ROMs. In which case, it should be hopefully simply for some clever dev to manage to get the STK working.

I did think about buying Contacts2SIMPro, but I think I would like a fix better than this workaround - although having said that I wanted to switch SIMs today but was in a no signal area, so dialling '002' didn't work - arggghhhh!

#17 JV15

JV15
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE BLADE
  • CM Version:
    Cyano 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

 swinster, on 27 June 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

Sorry, what I meant with the original reply was that operating the Dual SIM adapter via the STK only works works with Sense, not that the Adapter itself or using the '001'/'002' trick doesn't work in Cyanogen or other AOSP ROMs. In which case, it should be hopefully simply for some clever dev to manage to get the STK working.

I did think about buying Contacts2SIMPro, but I think I would like a fix better than this workaround - although having said that I wanted to switch SIMs today but was in a no signal area, so dialling '002' didn't work - arggghhhh!
I was not clear enough. On my ROM without sense STK is working perfectly. So the problem is not linked to missing sense interface. Of course 007 works for me with every rom i tested, using sim2contact. I don't think also you need the pay version, but i am not sure

#18 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    7
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

 JV15, on 27 June 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

I was not clear enough. On my ROM without sense STK is working perfectly. So the problem is not linked to missing sense interface.

Oooooo (meant as a denotion of excitement not of patronism :)). What ROM are you using? I had tried Oxygen, GingerVilllan, various MIUI and other AOSP ROMS, and of course Cyanogen. I have been unsuccessful with anything other than a Sense based ROM. Did you need to tweak anything, or did it "just work"

Edited by swinster, 27 June 2011 - 09:45 PM.


#19 JV15

JV15
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    ZTE BLADE
  • CM Version:
    Cyano 7.0.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

 swinster, on 27 June 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

Oooooo (meant as a denotion of excitement not of patronism :)). What ROM are you using? I had tried Oxygen, GingerVilllan, various MIUI and other AOSP ROMS, and of course Cyanogen. I have been unsuccessful with anything other than a Sense based ROM. Did you need to tweak anything, or did it "just work"
Zte Blade with Ginger Stir Fry. It's a leaked gingerbread ROM with little addons and i did not need to tweak anything

#20 SGtelware

SGtelware
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Country:
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Dell Streak 5
  • CM Version:
    5
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hi Mate,
Thanks you proving such imporatant information about dual sim adapter operation. I really appreciate it.