Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

help with rooting my inspire!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kshrines

kshrines
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:kshrines
  • Device Model:
    htc inspire
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Im not really sure what to do, ive looked it up multiple times but am still unsure. i was hoping someone could help me. Thanks!

#2 IrishSmash

IrishSmash
  • Members
  • 17 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Inspire 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1033353

Good place to start.

#3 kshrines

kshrines
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:kshrines
  • Device Model:
    htc inspire
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

View PostIrishSmash, on 07 May 2011 - 06:00 AM, said:

thanks, do you think rooting is worthwhile

#4 elreymon

elreymon
  • Members
  • 64 posts
    es - Spain
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S III (i9300)
  • CM Version:
    CM v9.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hello, I rooted my DHD about a month ago and used the CyanogenMod method (the steps in the wiki). As they worked fine for me that's the way I advise you.

Only 2 advises more:
First of all download all the "ingredients" becouse at root time its better to have all prepared (saves time)

Second, if your phone is branded you'll probably need a goldcard, and this method is not explained in the wiki, but you can find a lot of information on Internet.

If you take care and follow the steps,I think root method is trustfully. And of course it's worthwhile.

Edited by elreymon, 08 May 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#5 IrishSmash

IrishSmash
  • Members
  • 17 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Inspire 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

View Postkshrines, on 07 May 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

thanks, do you think rooting is worthwhile

Absolutely.

#6 Reinaldo33897

Reinaldo33897
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Inspire
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

I was a noob at rooting so I found these methods to help me very well. They say the youtube video is outdated but it worked absolutely great for me and was very easy to understand and follow. I had to Pause and Play a few times to make sure I didnt miss a step. When you make your sd gold card it is much easier to use and adapter than to leave it on the phone(may or may not make it in phone). Leaving it on phone does not gaurantee its made. Get Titanium Back Up and Rom Manager they are very well worth the money and work after rooting. I dont mess with the Radios and Kernels on my phone cause I dont want the issues people are having here. Just a simple rooting with no confusing steps involved. Superuser should be on device after rooting. (REMEMBER SOON AFTER ROOTING BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!! after phone redownloads all your apps) So you have no issues. Cyanogen ROM is the only one I use and trust with no issues though still trying to figure out how to upload pics to phone.

ROOTING : (Make GOLD CARD out of phone with adapter)

ATT ROM : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1058042 (Updated ROM download the middle one with sideloading)(Follow instructions and rename ROM and dont unzip just copy to root of SD Card)

Titanium Backup Full Setup : http://us.lifehacker...ckup-on-android<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_228107">