Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820)

samsung prevail root rom

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 murderousone

murderousone
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/m1dl
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    samsung galacy prevail
  • CM Version:
    Shabbyrom Loaded .09
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

Im Getting A Few Hits On My Forums Threads & Also Facebook Page I Admin From Users Saying That There Will Be A Cyanogen Mod For The Samsung Galaxy Prevail Due To Be Released By August 9th... Is This Information Tru! Is There A Clockwork Mod In Development & Mod Coming To The Prevail??? Figured I Would Ask The Source Instead Of Going By Word Of Mouth...

#22 LBM

LBM
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:no
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Prevaila
  • CM Version:
    unlocked
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

i just bought one from boost. unlocked it and while i was playing around with it came accross CyanogenMod and i want to install it. pleasse help.

#23 murderousone

murderousone
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/m1dl
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    samsung galacy prevail
  • CM Version:
    Shabbyrom Loaded .09
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

Guess it was a load of crap! Thanks for the fast responses! LoL!

#24 cmizzle

cmizzle
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    prevail
  • CM Version:
    shabbymob .9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

i have clockwork on my prevail ....now i need cm7

#25 ShabbyPenguin

ShabbyPenguin
  • Members
  • 15 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 5
  • CM Version:
    Androdi L
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

Who'd a thought id have users here as well >.>

#26 cmizzle

cmizzle
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    prevail
  • CM Version:
    shabbymob .9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

we are everywhere

#27 Glennfrank

Glennfrank
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

I'd love to see some official cyanmod support for this phone as well.  I am contemplating jumping over to boost (I have a work issued iphone and I am really getting tired of it - plus it's work issued, but I get to most of the damn monthly charges lol).

#28 Dirge77

Dirge77
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Prevail
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

I'm hoping maybe someone can help me. I recently rooted my prevail and now looking to flash custom rom. I have rom manager all set up, got a custom boot ready, and backed up system to SD only problem is i dont know what custom rom will work with the prevail. I'm hoping there some way shape or form I can get cm7 running though since the prevail is still new it has not gotten offical cyanogen support. My prevail is running a froyo build so I was thinking maybe I can get a stable cm7 froyo build on here with the custom boot going. Any thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? or links will be greatly apprecaited. thanks. heres my phone specs if they will help:
Model Number: SPH-M820-BST
Android Ver. 2.2.2
Baseband Ver. S:M820.07 x.EE14
Kernel Ver. 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FROYO.EE14
Hardware Ver. M820.07

#29 trenchkato

trenchkato
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

I would like to build a port of Cm7 for the prevail. Im looking at the sources on the gethub site and am not sure which would be the best to start with. Any help?EDIT: or is there a generic source i can start with?

Edited by trenchkato, 17 August 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#30 ARK70

ARK70
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
  • CM Version:
    none yet
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

wondering if there will be a cm7 for the prevail

#31 Glennfrank

Glennfrank
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

As am I.  I am ready to finally jump from AT&T and the company iphone.

#32 aztracker1

aztracker1
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
  • CM Version:
    ShabbyMod
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

I've been running ShabbyPenguin's mod for a few months now.. would still like to see a CM7+ release for this device.. it really is a decent bargain.  I think the memory is a bit skimpy, and it goes really sluggish at times.. planning to upgrade the sd card to a newer class10, so that may help some.

#33 trenchkato

trenchkato
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

http://androidforums...2d-11-06-a.html

Cm7 for the Galaxy Prevail thanks to Hroark13

#34 lopez8018

lopez8018
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    SPH-M820
  • CM Version:
    UNKNOWN
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

might be a lil late on this but i updated my phone took my root away ..... but eazy i downloaded the samsung drivers and root package rooted my phone in 2 min.... so now i have a updated and rooted phone everything is funtional every thing works fine even the wifi tether using it know ...... i just want to learn more on this cyanogenmod will it make my prevail better ?

#35 voipzapper

voipzapper
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    SPH-M820
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Dear All:

i'd like to contribute to this and other forums. nifty thing all of us/we/you/everyone is doing with these cool androids. :-)

got my boost sph-m820 at radio shack last month, played with it using many fun tools/mods/additions from many sources and have been d/lding and interneting like crazy. got the phone initially as i lost my standard net connection, cable co isp, and with my biz, absolutely MUST have a readily available net connection pretty much 24/7. so, in comes the Prevail.

so, yesterday, for various reasons, not one of which having anything to do with any mod or the phone or the like, i did an exchange for a brand new one.

i have only added pdanet and made a couple settings changes, no root, mod, or anything else, and i'd like to do a full image of the device right away for both myself and to everyone else out there. so, if anyone would like to suggest the best way, a place to put the images, that kind of thing, i'd be very happy to help out and to post/save images and then incrementally take the recommended and nifty steps of various mods and the like.

so, tell me what to do and where to put 'em? ;-)

looking forward to contributing.

Regards, voipzapper

#36 necrotoxin

necrotoxin
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SPH-M820
  • CM Version:
    Shabby Mod 0.9 Lite Custom
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

voipzapper, on 19 January 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Dear All:

i'd like to contribute to this and other forums. nifty thing all of us/we/you/everyone is doing with these cool androids. :-)

got my boost sph-m820 at radio shack last month, played with it using many fun tools/mods/additions from many sources and have been d/lding and interneting like crazy. got the phone initially as i lost my standard net connection, cable co isp, and with my biz, absolutely MUST have a readily available net connection pretty much 24/7. so, in comes the Prevail.

so, yesterday, for various reasons, not one of which having anything to do with any mod or the phone or the like, i did an exchange for a brand new one.

i have only added pdanet and made a couple settings changes, no root, mod, or anything else, and i'd like to do a full image of the device right away for both myself and to everyone else out there. so, if anyone would like to suggest the best way, a place to put the images, that kind of thing, i'd be very happy to help out and to post/save images and then incrementally take the recommended and nifty steps of various mods and the like.

so, tell me what to do and where to put 'em? ;-)

looking forward to contributing.

Regards, voipzapper

You can create an odin image using this easy to use script
http://androidforums...le-creator.html

It will require that you have CWM flashed on your phone however, which you can get from http://androidforums...2-12-fixed.html

Edited by necrotoxin, 02 March 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#37 cowdude

cowdude
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Kyocera Hydro C5170
  • CM Version:
    stock ICS 4.04
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

I have a Prevail that was running CM7.1.0. The only problem I had was that I couldn't make any themes work. I spent a day trying with no joy even with theme chooser themes. Theme chooser themes let me install themes, but wouldn't let me apply them the icon just vibrated. I was playing around late last night and disabled the unlock slider or something like it in settings. This morning I couldn't unlock the phone. I had to revert back to the FE16 rooted with cwm and reinstall. Now a lot of my base apps that did work before like facebook and email force close on me. I had to go back to FE16 to make them work.

If anyone knows what I need to to get the bugs out, I thank you in advance because CM7 did work nicely on my prevail aside from no built in theme chooser or manager.
It has Zeam launcher but it doesn't do anything that I know of than the basics.

#38 cowdude

cowdude
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Kyocera Hydro C5170
  • CM Version:
    stock ICS 4.04
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Update on Prevail running CM7. I have been running it on my Prevail for several months now with no problems at all. I have yet to try tethering it because I have no laptop to try it with.
I hope to be getting a tablet soon and will report my results here. Cynanogen Mod rules !