Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[Solved] Phone contacts & CyanogenMod

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skratt

Skratt
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero GSM
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hi there,

I've got a little issue with using CyanogenMod as well as other not-sense-based custom roms.
I've got most of my phone contact declared as "phone contacts" (as opposed as "SIM contacts" & "google contacts").
I want to respect my contacts provacy and don't want google to have access to all my contacts info. Therefore for me it is out of the question to synchronize with my gmail account.

It seems that the phone application in CyanogenMod or my backuped version of DialerOne are not able to access the contacts I've backuped and restored with Titanium Backup.

Does anyone know a trick to allow my apps to access to my "phone contacts"?

Thanks in advance,

Skratt

Edited by Skratt, 02 May 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#2 Skratt

Skratt
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero GSM
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi,

I found a solution to the problem and wanted to share with the community:

Following this new hope Pulser (from VillainRom forum) gave me , I found a straightforward answer to my issue.

1/ launch the stock contact application, hit menu and choose to export the "phone" contacts to the sd card (Dialer one has no import/export capability)

2/ install the new ROM

3/ launch the contact application, hit menu and choose to import contacts from the sd card

I was so focused on using Titanium backup to transfer contacts, and so destabilized not finding any useful info on the net that I missed that for ... about 4 months!

Thanks Pulser for puting me on the right tracks!

Skratt

#3 Lupuss

Lupuss
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    be - Belgium
  • Device Model:
    HTC Hero
  • CM Version:
    6.1.0-Hero
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

You could also use a program like MyPhoneExplorer. You can back up your texts, phone contacts, call history and the like.

#4 icemem

icemem
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    hero
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

Use other backup soft ??

Skratt, on 26 April 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

Hi there,

I've got a little issue with using CyanogenMod as well as other not-sense-based custom roms.
I've got most of my phone contact declared as "phone contacts" (as opposed as "SIM contacts" & "google contacts").
I want to respect my contacts provacy and don't want google to have access to all my contacts info. Therefore for me it is out of the question to synchronize with my gmail account.

It seems that the phone application in CyanogenMod or my backuped version of DialerOne are not able to access the contacts I've backuped and restored with Titanium Backup.

Does anyone know a trick to allow my apps to access to my "phone contacts"?

Thanks in advance,

Skratt