Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[CM7] Discussion of Nightlies

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 bboysmerf

bboysmerf
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:bboysmerf
  • Device Model:
    heroc
  • CM Version:
    cyanogen 6
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

Running the latest nightly 76 and the problem I am having is when in the camera I take a picture then if my phone goes to sleep, while still in the camera app, I wake it up to a error message that the camera cannot connect and then the phone froze which then I have to take the battery out to get it to work again....

Has anyone had that problem.....

#42 craven667

craven667
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Device Model:
    htc shift
  • CM Version:
    cm7
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

love nightlies lol i am still using 75 but not sure if its a bug or a setting for mic in apps

#43 RickNY

RickNY
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo Shift 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Stable 7.0.3.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

I noticed with Build 83 that the Market doesn't recognize my phone as a Sprint device, and as such - instead of the 'Sprint' button on the right, it is 'My Apps'.. Also, none of the Sprint updates are available such as Nascar or Sprint Football, etc.. Is this to be expected with the nightlies?  I restored back from my Nandroid backup of 7.0.3.1 and it works correctly..

Thanks,
Rick

#44 VICODAN

VICODAN
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo Shift 4G
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

Phone: HTC EVO SHIFT
Carrier: Sprint
CM7 nightly 97

I live in Silicon Valley where there are tons of WiMax networks. On the way to work (15 minute drive from SJ to Santa Clara) I noticed 4g re connected 3 times and it seems like each time it was a different network (2 companies running WiMax and my provider Sprint). I was able to tell by the ip address format I got. Unless Sprint's DHCP lease time is less than 15 minutes (which would be a really bad network design for obvious reasons) the Wimax radio is connecting to any Wimax network available and not Sprints.

Is this a bug? Is this a feature by design?

If this is a feature by design how do I only connect to Sprint WiMax networks?

Edited by VICODAN, 15 June 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#45 johnnyblaz20

johnnyblaz20
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    evo shift
  • CM Version:
    nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

I have been keeping up with the nightly updates.  After version 96 netflix quit working.  

Other than that it runs smooth.  But that is a HUGE draw back for me.

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing?

#46 cmags

cmags
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Device Model:
    Evo Shift 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Where would one find the changelogs for each of the nightlies for a particular device (Speedy in this case)?

#47 johnnyblaz20

johnnyblaz20
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    evo shift
  • CM Version:
    nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

I"D like to re download 103 but the link seems to be dead...

#48 TheWebMachine

TheWebMachine
  • Members
  • 12 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo Shift 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM7 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Hi all. I have two concerns that currently plague me with CM7, one of which has been around since I got my Evo Shift in April. Obviously, I don't expect any official support (I work in IT and I know how to read. ;)) but a few possible answers, discussions, or perhaps a pointing in the right direction would be great. I've researched exhaustively and haven't been able to come up with anything but my own speculations.

#1 - 4G is shaky, at best. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I'm on my second device (I made Sprint replace my phone to eliminate it as a cause), and the issue is NOT present in stock ROMs. I've tried both radio and WiMax firmware versions, to no avail. I have constantly full signal here in the city, yet, after a while of having 4G on, I will still show as connected to the tower, but will have no success in accessing the internet. Sometimes, turning the screen off for a min and back on will correct it. Other times, I must turn off 4G and turn it back on to get back online. I've changed out and tinkered with every element of my phone, short of using another custom ROM (I love CM entirely too much to defect. lol) and I can't correct the issue. As far as I can tell: it's not the hardware, it's not the firmware, it's not the towers. Something in the kernel, drivers, or system itself is causing the instability. I suppose this is more of a FYI to the devs than a request for help. However, if someone else has found a way to address this issue in the interim, I'm all "ears."

#2 - Why are we getting a 500MB system partition (of which I have over 350MB free) and only a 430MB data partition (of which I am always teetering around 100MB free, anything less and the phone acts stupid)? Since it has been a while since the last stable version, I'm not sure if this is just a "feature" of the nightlies. I didn't notice a ton of extra free space on the last stable release, tho. I'd love to recover a portion of that seemingly wasted extra system partition space so I can eliminate the usage of my SD card for app/data storage. When I used an sd-ext partition, it was nearly 700MB...and it, eventually, killed my last SD card, hence why I just use the standard app2sd, which I'm sure is also slowly eating away at my card. Since I use a 32GB card, I'd hate to have to shell out the cash to replace it...again. (Not to mention the bits of data I lost on the card, itself!) I want all of my apps where they belong...on the NAND (memory that is designed to take millions more rewrites than the SD). I have read up on resizing partitions for other devices, but nothing for the Shift. As far as I can tell, the other devices all require a recovery and (with each new nightly flash) a boot patch. Since there appears to be no such recovery and boot patch for the Shift, it would seem I can't resize the partitions on my own.

What would it take to create such patches for the Shift, so that more advanced users like myself can resize their partitions?? I use over 100 apps, many of which I've created myself to suit my specialized needs (sidebar: I hope to release a few of these on the Market soon, but I digress.)  This feels like the #1 crutch of the CM series for the Shift for the true superuser, at this time. I love virtually every other aspect of CM...and feel it is the most advanced ROM available. (I'd love the HTC Fast Boot option, but that's just a "wish list" item. :D) How can the community help make this happen? I'm willing to risk bricking my device to test options. I nandroid backup daily. Besides, Sprint loves me and is always eager to replace my devices without question...mostly because they love my portfolio of personal and business accounts. ;) I'm simply not a dev in the extended sense that I can go tearing apart the works of such Android masters to those delicate extremes.

Thoughts?

#49 jesusice

jesusice
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:jesusice
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo Shift
  • CM Version:
    Non Yet!
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

TheWebMachine, on 18 July 2011 - 06:41 AM, said:

Hi all. I have two concerns that currently plague me with CM7, one of which has been around since I got my Evo Shift in April. Obviously, I don't expect any official support (I work in IT and I know how to read. ) but a few possible answers, discussions, or perhaps a pointing in the right direction would be great. I've researched exhaustively and haven't been able to come up with anything but my own speculations.

#1 - 4G is shaky, at best. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. I'm on my second device (I made Sprint replace my phone to eliminate it as a cause), and the issue is NOT present in stock ROMs. I've tried both radio and WiMax firmware versions, to no avail. I have constantly full signal here in the city, yet, after a while of having 4G on, I will still show as connected to the tower, but will have no success in accessing the internet. Sometimes, turning the screen off for a min and back on will correct it. Other times, I must turn off 4G and turn it back on to get back online. I've changed out and tinkered with every element of my phone, short of using another custom ROM (I love CM entirely too much to defect. lol) and I can't correct the issue. As far as I can tell: it's not the hardware, it's not the firmware, it's not the towers. Something in the kernel, drivers, or system itself is causing the instability. I suppose this is more of a FYI to the devs than a request for help. However, if someone else has found a way to address this issue in the interim, I'm all "ears."

#2 - Why are we getting a 500MB system partition (of which I have over 350MB free) and only a 430MB data partition (of which I am always teetering around 100MB free, anything less and the phone acts stupid)? Since it has been a while since the last stable version, I'm not sure if this is just a "feature" of the nightlies. I didn't notice a ton of extra free space on the last stable release, tho. I'd love to recover a portion of that seemingly wasted extra system partition space so I can eliminate the usage of my SD card for app/data storage. When I used an sd-ext partition, it was nearly 700MB...and it, eventually, killed my last SD card, hence why I just use the standard app2sd, which I'm sure is also slowly eating away at my card. Since I use a 32GB card, I'd hate to have to shell out the cash to replace it...again. (Not to mention the bits of data I lost on the card, itself!) I want all of my apps where they belong...on the NAND (memory that is designed to take millions more rewrites than the SD). I have read up on resizing partitions for other devices, but nothing for the Shift. As far as I can tell, the other devices all require a recovery and (with each new nightly flash) a boot patch. Since there appears to be no such recovery and boot patch for the Shift, it would seem I can't resize the partitions on my own.

What would it take to create such patches for the Shift, so that more advanced users like myself can resize their partitions?? I use over 100 apps, many of which I've created myself to suit my specialized needs (sidebar: I hope to release a few of these on the Market soon, but I digress.)  This feels like the #1 crutch of the CM series for the Shift for the true superuser, at this time. I love virtually every other aspect of CM...and feel it is the most advanced ROM available. (I'd love the HTC Fast Boot option, but that's just a "wish list" item. ) How can the community help make this happen? I'm willing to risk bricking my device to test options. I nandroid backup daily. Besides, Sprint loves me and is always eager to replace my devices without question...mostly because they love my portfolio of personal and business accounts.  I'm simply not a dev in the extended sense that I can go tearing apart the works of such Android masters to those delicate extremes.

Thoughts?

First off: I've noticed that there's a lot of unanswered questions here because a lot of Shifters aren't active here so if you want a timely response I'd suggest this XDA thread:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1001578

(Mods: Please delete if posting links for other forums is some sort of violation)

For the 1st question about 4G I can't address. My city just recently got a couple sparse patches of wimax so I only get 4G access for about 10mins at a time as the bus passes through and my connection is steady for the full 10mins.

As to the partitions I believe the problem is that no one has figured out how to remap the partitions on emmc devices. (Such as our beloved Shifts). For a time I had used Titanium to push some apps to system but some apps have probs as a result of it and whenever I'd flash a new nightly it'd clear out the apps pushed to system and I had to create a zip I could flash in recovery to push them back to system after each flash. I also used S2E to install apps on the sd-ext partition for a time. I left the app data in /data and just pushed the .apks to sd-ext and enabled "Mount sd-ext as ext4 w/o journeling" which is supposed to help save the SD as it prevents a lot of unnecessary writes but on the latest nightlies it wouldn't mount my sd-ext with that enabled. I've since just shed my self of a lotta of apps I didn't need and have gone back to native Apps2SD.

^ Shift Faced

#50 BreakTheB0x

BreakTheB0x
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:breaktheb0x
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC One (Sprint)
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 11-20131226-NIGHTLY-m7spr
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Searched through the changelog and haven't seen anything related to it, but does anyone know if the latest nightly has corrected the headset issue?

#51 Btaz

Btaz
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Sprint HTC Hero
  • CM Version:
    CDMA Hero 6
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

It looks like there is another round of nightlies, but I'm not sure what is changing.  I didn't know unti I installed the 20120701 nightly, but these are for CM 7.2.  Is there a change log to look at or a list of merged items?