Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830)

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#181 DickVanPaiton

DickVanPaiton
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Ace
  • CM Version:
    None
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

@ sleepercode

Thank you for this "new" information which has already been posted several times inside this thread.

Edited by DickVanPaiton, 23 December 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#182 sismo

sismo
  • Donators
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:sismonda
    ar - Argentina
  • Device Model:
    Motorola XT910
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

Is there any eta to get the official 7.2 for ace?  The last update on the repository was on October.

#183 Eniac

Eniac
  • Donators
  • 3 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830D
  • CM Version:
    7.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

I tried the CM Kangs Roms from the XDA forums, but they tended to lag up on my phone after I would input my pin pattern.  GPS also didn't work right for me (and something about having to flash a fix file after the CM flash was just a little patchy to me...).  Flashed another ROM since, but I really would like to run Cyanogenmod on my Galaxy Ace, merely for all the cool features it has.

Here's hoping we see official support for cooper soon.  I think you guys are great.

#184 LTERTOK

LTERTOK
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    br - Brazil
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Spica - I5700
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

try this [Rom] TheMyth ICS - Lite http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1376039  or seach for S5830 in http://www.sammobile...irmware/?page=3

Edited by LTERTOK, 27 December 2011 - 08:12 PM.

#185 Rafa Jimenez

Rafa Jimenez
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

did it... so far work flawless

#186 digiTAN

digiTAN
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    S5830
  • CM Version:
    default stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

hi guys. just wondering if I could use the "[UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 7.1-cooper-KANG-RC1 Android 2.3.7" on my S5830?

Android version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: S5830DXKT4
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-perf-CL807529
roor@DELL144#1
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.DXKT5

thanks in advance. :)

#187 DaBigFreak

DaBigFreak
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus4 mako
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hey there, just got my used Ace, flashed 7.1 mentioned here, now I tried 7.2, working as it should ^^

Here is the link, its an unofficial but is doing its job, pretty sweet, not just because its my first CyanogenMod ROM I use :)

[UPDATED 08/12/2011][ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 7.2-cooper-KANG-RC0-Android 2.3.7

Android version: 2.3.7
Baseband Version: S5830XWKP6
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-perf-CL562111
ketut@ketut-lenovo #1
Build Number: GWK74

Edited by DaBigFreak, 10 January 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#188 lyndon john

lyndon john
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:lyndon_john
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Ace
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:06 AM

hey guys, i have installed CM7.1 on my ace yesterday. working fine at first. but last night i have noticed some bugs.
1. vibrate is not working in sms even in silent mode. ive tried to set the vibrate to always but no good.
2. docks are missing sometimes.
3. sms thread is not in order.
4. charging notification is not accurate

i will try to reinstall CM7.1 and see if it resolve the bugs. if not not i have to go back to GB.XWKS9, most stable so far.

#189 mixbox360

mixbox360
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    mx - Mexico
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Ace
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

looks like we won't get official support after all, the liberation of ICS made all devs moved to other devices and as far as I know our device is not able to run ICS at all, it runs (laggy) and the camera doesn't work fine and still the bug on radio fm that need bluetooth support to work and the devs didn't published any news or any advance on the Official CM7 for ACE (It isn't an ETA ask ok. I know and defend that rule), yeah it's merged so what!?  and also must wait for all the nigthlies corrections untill the final roll on! It's gonna take A WHILE! (if is true that CM7 official comes for ACE)... just think I will return to stock rom for now... but nobody can deny that CM7 is the best mod for android phones! maybe will try with other phone with official support already!

Edited by mixbox360, 12 January 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#190 sismo

sismo
  • Donators
  • 20 posts
    ar - Argentina
  • Device Model:
    Motorola XT910
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Postmixbox360, on 12 January 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

looks like we won't get official support after all, the liberation of ICS made all devs moved to other devices and as far as I know our device is not able to run ICS at all, it runs (laggy) and the camera doesn't work fine and still the bug on radio fm that need bluetooth support to work and the devs didn't published any news or any advance on the Official CM7 for ACE (It isn't an ETA ask ok. I know and defend that rule), yeah it's merged so what!?  and also must wait for all the nigthlies corrections untill the final roll on! It's gonna take A WHILE! (if is true that CM7 official comes for ACE)... just think I will return to stock rom for now... but nobody can deny that CM7 is the best mod for android phones! maybe will try with other phone with official support already!

Seems that the Samsung Ace wanst a good investment after all.

#191 mixbox360

mixbox360
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    mx - Mexico
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Ace
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

View Postsismo, on 16 January 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Seems that the Samsung Ace wanst a good investment after all.

Not at all, I just was talking about the official port of CM7, that's all... the device (as all other devices) will pass to the "oldies devices" but that does not mean the Ace isn't a good inversion! It's a GREAT device but still being a mid-range device... the official full support from cyanogenmod doesn't have to decide who're the best devices... the unnoficial ports of CM7 are amazing and they have great advances but... still being unncomplete because they come from the effort of standalone devs... but now a lot of ACE users are in love with CM thanks to them... maybe try to consider to earn a new device with CM full support just like me, but I will stay tuned for my ACE! as a unix SO.. like in linux (Ubuntu for example is in the 10.4 release and im still using 9.10 for me is better than the new Ubuntu) there are releases every 6 monts, some similar with Android so i think is good for us to have official support un Gingerbread, ICS will not fit on our device but... alway are unnoficial ports or other option... we can learn to develope our roms! android is open source!

#192 DaBigFreak

DaBigFreak
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus4 mako
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

For me, the 100 bugs was the best investment I ever made for a phone!!!

I am on an unofficial 7.1 built, now with PDroid, low-level security app, and its such a sweet experience!

I have that phone now for about 3 weeks, got it from by brother, my old Galaxy3 has moved to my girlfriend.

In comparison, the Ace is rocking away the Galaxy3, its faster, smoother, has a bunch more power. Now, with some tweaks (there are a lot more than for Galaxy3) I now have pretty good battery backup, even with this poor battery.

All in all, finaly CyanogenMOD ROM made all this possible, easily accessible, easy to handle. Big hug to you guys, the team! Hopefully there will be an official release soon :)

Edited by DaBigFreak, 23 January 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#193 sismo

sismo
  • Donators
  • 20 posts
    ar - Argentina
  • Device Model:
    Motorola XT910
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Which room should I use to get the Bluetooth and radio working with cyanogen?

#194 mixbox360

mixbox360
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    mx - Mexico
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Ace
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

none friend.... al CM roms has the bug on radio assisted with bluetooth, but the radio works! and by his own the bluetooth works well... if you wanna radio install any non CM custom rom or the stocks... if you wanna CM will have the bug with the radio. I'm using one based on stock snd the look of SGII meanwhile we have news of the official CM.

Edited: I'm now using the "Stock ICS V2 for European..." on XDA Devs, even if in the name says "European" it's working like a charm in the LUBKPL 2.3.6 Claro for Chile, I recommend it meanwhile the CM Official comes out.

Edited by mixbox360, 13 February 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#195 mixbox360

mixbox360
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    mx - Mexico
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Ace
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1475439 Check that topic on xda developers! finally we got CM 7.2 Official and it comes with lots of improvements like all ICS transitions and effects, and an ICS look-a-like! just don´t push the devs... they are working and our CM will be beautiful, expect some news about a month or two... don´t be trolls please! :D

Edited by mixbox360, 13 February 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#196 DaBigFreak

DaBigFreak
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus4 mako
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

The only thing that is still not working in ANY unofficial version is the sensor SENSIBILITY! Not the sensors at all.

Go get AlarmDroid, set values for flipping. You will see, that on "0" the sensor is disabled, as it should with "0", but anything else than "0" makes the sensor absolute high sensitive! Maybe that is THE point why maps 6.x> is not working on Ace with CM7.x

So now devs are in CM9, hopefully sensors will work as meant to^^ http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1490867

Oh, here is another lagfree running out of the box CM7.2:  http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1493143

#197 DaBigFreak

DaBigFreak
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus4 mako
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

Wherever I hear something about official CM for the Ace, the main problem is said to be the poor graphiccard. But in CM 7.x and even CM9 the graphic performance is absolutely working, or is an new built CM graphic driver even more powerfull?

The Alpha3 of CM9 realy seems to be a huge step, when the camera works, I will definitly try the alpha version, cause the rest sounds working, so does CM team do not want to port, or are the actual inofficial ports too poor?

Anyway, is any CM team member reading this here? :)

Edited by DaBigFreak, 15 February 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#198 Mack Dela Cruz

Mack Dela Cruz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Still no official post about this thread? sad sad. :/

#199 diego.cr

diego.cr
  • Donators
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:Diego_CRK
    es - Spain
  • Device Model:
    Desrie HD & Galaxy ACE
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7.2.0 Kang
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Still don´t build from source........ "libcamera.so'" error :wacko:

#200 NNDie

NNDie
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    ST5830
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2 by Frozen Ace Team
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Could not find any information about official release of the Cyanogen Mod for Ace, but found some new teams working on CM7.2 and CM9.

CM 7.2 by Frozen Ace Team : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1493143

Fully working, really fast and smooth. Had no issues with that.

CM 9 by GalaxyICS team : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1398594

Not tried yet, but looks really promising and almost ready for everyday use.

Both were recently updated and looks like will be supported for some time.

Edited by NNDie, 22 February 2012 - 09:23 AM.