Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Huawei Ascend

Dont know what to choose !

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Chaz Forgiste

Chaz Forgiste
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@forgiste
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend M860
  • CM Version:
    Rooted - CM6
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:28 AM

I recently rooted my Huawei Ascend M860 from CricKet. I can do most anything, however there are no custom ROMs that I can find that are built for it.  I would gladly help porting the ROM is possible, what all would be required?

I'm also curious about porting FroYo to it, as it runs Android 2.1 by default. How could I compile it from source to match the specific hardware of the phone? I know it supports an ARMv6 instruction set, and I can find a lot of the hardware specs online.  Is there some way to configure and make the ROM for Android 2.2 so that it will run on this phone?

Thank you all in advance for your reply!

#2 flibblesan

flibblesan
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:flibblesan
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7 RC
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:58 AM

Roms for the T-Mobile Pulse, Huawei U8230 and U8220 should work on your device as it's just a rebranded U8230. There is a Cyanogenmod 6 port for the Pulse that may work for you too.

http://android.modac...lse-modaco-com/

#3 Chaz Forgiste

Chaz Forgiste
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend M860
  • CM Version:
    Rooted - CM6
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

I was kinda afraid to try another ROM made for the pulse since the hardware on my phone is newer than the U8230.  under my battery it says M860 is the model #.  Is there any chance I would break my phone if I use the U8220 / U8230 ROM?

#4 Chaz Forgiste

Chaz Forgiste
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend M860
  • CM Version:
    Rooted - CM6
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

If that fails, will it brick my phone??

#5 vadims

vadims
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    NS4G
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

I was wondering if someone could possibly port cyanogenmod or 2.2/2.3 to the ascned from cricket. its currently running 2.1 or possibly of someone could go over the steps necessary to compile/port 2.3 i have some programing knowledge and the sdk, just need some basic steps as how to start building it and the drivers.

This is the update.app of stock 2.1 http://www.multiupload.com/VXYIW07P8U

Thanks

#6 xlarkascendingx

xlarkascendingx
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend
  • CM Version:
    IDK
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:54 AM

vadims, on 17 December 2010 - 06:02 PM, said:

I was wondering if someone could possibly port cyanogenmod or 2.2/2.3 to the ascned from cricket. its currently running 2.1 or possibly of someone could go over the steps necessary to compile/port 2.3 i have some programing knowledge and the sdk, just need some basic steps as how to start building it and the drivers.

This is the update.app of stock 2.1 http://www.multiupload.com/VXYIW07P8U

Thanks

This would be AWESOME! Reply soon please :)

#7 xlarkascendingx

xlarkascendingx
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend
  • CM Version:
    IDK
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

Chaz Forgiste, on 10 December 2010 - 09:09 PM, said:

If that fails, will it brick my phone??

I would not suggest anyone doing this, mainly because not even Clockwork recovery or Amon-RA will work on our phones.

#8 iDavido

iDavido
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:OperationDavido
  • Device Model:
    M860
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

ROMS for the Pulse have been tested on the Ascend and confirmed not working. I guess we'll all just have to wait for either an official Froyo release or until someone decides to work up their own mod.

#9 fuphy

fuphy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    MyTouch 3g
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

please cyanogen, make a rom for the android ascend. its killing me knowing im restricted to stock settings.... i would love anyone if they would make the first custom rom for this phone.it needs it ad...

huawei m60

#10 franky1029

franky1029
  • Donators
  • 82 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Vision/G2
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogenmod 7 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

If I remember correctly, there isn't even a custom recovery for this yet...  it'll be awhile for CM to come. And it'll only be a port.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

#11 vulgar119

vulgar119
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei M680
  • CM Version:
    Hoping to get one
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

Can you guys please make a Cyanogen mod for the huawei m680, the  source code has been released.... please make this phone useful by blessing it with a cyanogen MOD...........
thanks in advance.

#12 NekoDimentio

NekoDimentio
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend
  • CM Version:
    none yet
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:34 AM

Click Here!!
Posted Image

Edited by NekoDimentio, 27 January 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#13 lube

lube
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:none
  • Device Model:
    M860
  • CM Version:
    ICarus
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

The huawei ascend is a MDPI and CDMA device. Anyone care to port it? As I Do not have the proper skills too..

#14 xlarkascendingx

xlarkascendingx
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend
  • CM Version:
    IDK
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

Come on! Someone just do it :P

#15 isaacj87

isaacj87
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Triumph WX435
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hello all,

First off, I apologize if I've placed this in the wrong section. I'm currently working on porting CM6/7 over to Huawei Ascend (Huawei M860). For the most part, I've got the big things working: Bluetooth, Wifi, Gsensors, Sound, Radio, etc. However, I'm running into a strange problem. Since the Ascend is a CDMA device, it has an MEID. I re-used the proprietary libril (and related) from the OEM Eclair build and they seem to work okay (I have service). However, the MEID code is incorrect. Instead of getting the usual 14 digit hex code, I have 2 unnecessary 0 attached (e.g. 00xxxxxxxxxxxxxx). This is causing the Google Checkin service to think that hardware is incorrect and will not authorize any Google login attempts.

My question is: Do I need to look somewhere in RIL for the problem or is it located somewhere in the framework (Telephony)?

Thank you in advance.

#16 amvfernandez

amvfernandez
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend M860
  • CM Version:
    M860
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

View Postisaacj87, on 04 March 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

Hello all,

First off, I apologize if I've placed this in the wrong section. I'm currently working on porting CM6/7 over to Huawei Ascend (Huawei M860). For the most part, I've got the big things working: Bluetooth, Wifi, Gsensors, Sound, Radio, etc. However, I'm running into a strange problem. Since the Ascend is a CDMA device, it has an MEID. I re-used the proprietary libril (and related) from the OEM Eclair build and they seem to work okay (I have service). However, the MEID code is incorrect. Instead of getting the usual 14 digit hex code, I have 2 unnecessary 0 attached (e.g. 00xxxxxxxxxxxxxx). This is causing the Google Checkin service to think that hardware is incorrect and will not authorize any Google login attempts.

My question is: Do I need to look somewhere in RIL for the problem or is it located somewhere in the framework (Telephony)?

Thank you in advance.

Will you be holding any test subjects/developers to test the Cyanogenmod 6 on the Huawei Ascend?

#17 slogold

slogold
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:slogold41
  • Device Model:
    g1
  • CM Version:
    cm6
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

Hi Everyone,
I just got the Huawei Ascend (about a month ago) and found out noone is doing any development on this device. The myascend.org doesn't work and  I can't find any sites where development is being done. I had a G1 and there were tons of development being done for it, but not the Ascend. If any one can please help and develop something it would be GREAT. I know there is Icarus Mod out there, and I tried flashing it but it didn't work for some reason. I always ran a Cyan Mod on my g1 without any problems! Is there anyone out there that can please help! We Ascenders need some love <3!!  Thanks... I will gladly test any thing!

Edited by slogold, 09 March 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#18 Brian513

Brian513
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei Ascend
  • CM Version:
    Icarus 1.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

View Postisaacj87, on 04 March 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

Hello all,

Thank you in advance.

I would Like to Say Thank you isaacj87 I Have your Icarus 1.1 on my Huawei Ascend Right now and Also Tried the CM6 I did know about the Issues that was wrong with it but I wanted to See how it was and I would like to Say Thank you for everything you are Doing. I know as soon as the Stuff is worked out on the CM6 Mod I would Def Switch back to it. You are Awesome for doing this

Thank you
Brian James

#19 209pcs

209pcs
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Huawei M860 (Ascend)
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:23 AM

Attempting to compile CyanogenMod 7 for the m860.  Compiler keeps spitting out errors referring to something WiMax-ish in some of the Java code.  I keep flushing it out and the compiler keeps spitting out more references for me to hunt down.

#20 drake53545

drake53545
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    huawei ascend (m860)
  • CM Version:
    2.1 rooted
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

if this ever does get compiled please let us know at http://androidforums.../huawei-ascend/ most of us are impatiently waiting and some of us myself included are starting to foam at the mouth with the limited space and options we have so please help us out thank you