Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM 6.1 with ADW Launcher - Dock icons disappear!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 CyberPitz

CyberPitz
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 6
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

This has been resolved by screwing around...read below for answer

This happened a third time, and it's driving me batty.  If I go to hit the App Drawer, seems like if I slide my finger down a bit, the entire dock disappears down there.  I've tried adding/removing dock item amount in hopes for it to come back, but no go.  So far, the only work-around I've got is to go and select Settings -> ADWLauncher -> Theme Preferences -> and check/uncheck "Use Theme Icons" and apply.  

*EDIT* Holy crap, while typing this, I have found out how to reproduce this AND fix it easily.  I guess this thread will be for those having the same issue. If you slide your finger from the bottom to top of the dock, it disappears.  To reverse, slide from the top of the now invisible dock to the bottom, and it appears again.  That's completely backwards and confusing, but there you go!  Hope this helps somebody, as I was rebooting my phone every time, and that was driving me crazy!

#2 Balthazar

Balthazar
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Twitter:therealbobbaird
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

Seriously? You realize this is a feature that has been present in ADW for some time? Your icons didn't disappear, that is an extra dock, you just haven't added any shorcuts to it. When it is open you can drag shorcuts from your homescreen into the extra dock. ADW has lots of very handy features, I suggest looking through the options under settings to see what else it is capable of.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#3 CyberPitz

CyberPitz
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 6
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:54 PM

Well, 6.0 I was using Launcher Pro, but decided to give ADW a shot this time around.  While I like it, I figured if I didn't have any shortcuts in that part of the dock, I'd have the usual "Blank Star Placeholder" Icon that is usually in a blank slot.  Having it just "Disappear" caught me off guard.  I've spent a good 10+ minutes just going through the ADWLauncher options, for some reason never seen this.  Thanks for the heads up!

#4 Balthazar

Balthazar
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Twitter:therealbobbaird
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

Sorry for the snarky tone of my reply, I didn't mean to sound like a prick.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#5 Kitsaws

Kitsaws

Lord Kitsaws

• Donators
  • 10 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    Latest Nightly CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

View PostCyberPitz, on 13 December 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

This happened a third time, and it's driving me batty.  If I go to hit the App Drawer, seems like if I slide my finger down a bit, the entire dock disappears down there.  I've tried adding/removing dock item amount in hopes for it to come back, but no go.  So far, the only work-around I've got is to go and select Settings -> ADWLauncher -> Theme Preferences -> and check/uncheck "Use Theme Icons" and apply.  

*EDIT* Holy crap, while typing this, I have found out how to reproduce this AND fix it easily.  I guess this thread will be for those having the same issue. If you slide your finger from the bottom to top of the dock, it disappears.  To reverse, slide from the top of the now invisible dock to the bottom, and it appears again.  That's completely backwards and confusing, but there you go!  Hope this helps somebody, as I was rebooting my phone every time, and that was driving me crazy!

thanks man.. i wasted a lot of time figuring it out..

#6 appmy

appmy
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

Yep...I thought this was a bug also.  I was gone from CM for a while and came back during CM6.1 RCs.

I almost the exact same thing you did but could replicate it.  i would just keep using the phone and searching apps. I eventually would come back.

Neat feature.

#7 Shadyn

Shadyn
  • Members
  • 119 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Incredible
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

This only happens when you have the New Dockbar enabled under ADWLauncher options. After you hide the app drawer bar you can drag icons to a OS-X style "dock" that is normally covered by the app drawer bar. I would post a screenshot if I could...

#8 CyberPitz

CyberPitz
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 6
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

Screenshot ahoy!Attached File  CAP201012161653.PNG   364.7K   145 downloads

*EDIT* oh god, that picture looks terrible...so...bright..

Edited by CyberPitz, 16 December 2010 - 10:59 PM.

#9 darkk2b2

darkk2b2
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid
  • CM Version:
    sprecovery
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

View PostCyberPitz, on 13 December 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

hey thanks, I thought it was a bug and the only way I could fix it was to restart my phone, I never used adw before but it came with this rom so I thought I'd use it.

#10 tridge

tridge

don't pull his finger

• Donators
  • 66 posts
  • Twitter:tridge
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:05 AM

I'm on boat with the OP, first time I "hid" my dock I shat bricks for like 20 minutes trying to figure out how the hell to get it back. I was looking through options.. searching google.. Finally I just reset ADW and restarted from stock, wish I would have seen this thread then.

#11 SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Device Model:
    |3|
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

Your not the only one who thought this was a bug and you won't be the last. I too was confused when the dock disappeared but eventually realized it was a feature also.

#12 teddyearp

teddyearp
  • Members
  • 149 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola® A855
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2RC(unofficial)3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

My thanks to the OP as well.  I guess I really need to explore more of them thar features . . . . lol. :)

#13 tridge

tridge

don't pull his finger

• Donators
  • 66 posts
  • Twitter:tridge
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    Stock
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Maybe ADW should put some random icons on the second dock so that people don't assume that it just "disappears", that would help give the impression that it's a second dock.

#14 HTH

HTH
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Moto droid
  • CM Version:
    6.0.0 droid
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:39 AM

Thanks for the post.  I had this happen as well.

#15 berthagator

berthagator
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

Major help - this has been driving me nuts for the last few days - I couldn't get to the app drawer, or even to the phone, if it wasn't in the last few apps I had used.  Thanks so much for posting this!!!

#16 Palero

Palero
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:Palero
  • Device Model:
    HTC Dream
  • CM Version:
    6.0 RC3
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

THANKS!  I took a 15minute break just to write thank you!  I also was rebooting just to get my launcher back.  My old ADW didn't have this feature turned on.

#17 Malakai

Malakai
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Device Model:
    Moto Droid
  • CM Version:
    Cyogen Unstable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

View PostPalero, on 22 December 2010 - 11:52 PM, said:

THANKS!  I took a 15minute break just to write thank you!  I also was rebooting just to get my launcher back.  My old ADW didn't have this feature turned on.
Wow, let me add a "me too" to this. I could not figure out why the dock bar was diassapearing. At first I would reboot to find it again, and later I figured out where I could simply have ADW recycle itself.

This is not intuitive and will lead to lots of people have a poor experience, and blame it on ADW. Actually, they will blame it on CM, not realizing ADW is a sub-project.

I would default this to off next release, or make it so that the 2nd level of icons reverts to the 1st level after you swipe off the screen.

#18 teddyearp

teddyearp
  • Members
  • 149 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola® A855
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2RC(unofficial)3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:21 AM

Well, let me add this as well for those of you who might be like me and really (at this time at least) have no use for this feature.  Go on your phone here:

menu -> settings -> adw settings (or just straight to adw settings) -> UI settings and the second section down will be called "hidden dockbar", and right under that header the button next to "Dockbar" will be checked by default.  Uncheck it.

good luck