I keep getting this request so here it is, A version of CM5.0.8 for the new radio (and some kanged in updates while I'm here)
Please note this is for 32B boards only (Magic 1.2 users yes you use a EBI0 kernel .. but you still have a 32A board)
What you get
* A version of my 22.214.171.124 pershoot based kernel (and related modules) newer than the original CM5 but without some of the most recent changes that seem you may consider needing ironing out. This kernel is obviously patched for the new radio/SPL.
For details/source see this commit: https://github.com/e...d1cdef3de9af797
* Updated rzscontrol from cm6.1 nighties to allow compcache to operate on the newer kernel.
* Updated version of Superuser/su (From CM nightly 271)
* Bidi text patch included http://code.google.c...ail?id=1663#c35
* exploid security patch included http://forum.cyanoge...security-patch/
Note: to make camera work with the older proprietary files I needed to restore the camera memory size from 5 to 8; this means you have 3MB less extra ram than the full CM6 kernels (but all features of the rom including hardware 3D will work)
Gapps From the wiki:
Select: ERE36B for CyanogenMod 5
1) If you do not already have the new SPL/Radio install it
** If you are currently on CM5, take a nandroid backup before starting; and restore it after installing both the new SPL+Radio then proceed for a no-wipe update.
2) From recovery flash cm5.0.8-2708port_S.zip (do not reboot yet)
3) Flash the GApps
Since its included in the update.zip you need not install cm-5.0.8-DS-bidifix-signed.zip or security_cm5init_S.zip. Most of the Rom is untouched so most CM5.0.8 themes will work as usual.
Please use this thread for any concerns related to this ported version of the installer.
Edited by ezterry, 05 December 2010 - 10:20 PM.