Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Galaxy 5 / Europa (GT-I5500)

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 Papapau

Papapau
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:papapau
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy i5503
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-MADTEAM
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostSauliuz, on 03 December 2010 - 10:30 AM, said:

Any way to overclock CPU in the future?

Already have... Settings->CyanogenMod Settings->Performance->CPU settings -> "SMARTASS" up to 710MHz even though G5 max is 600MHz!!

#122 omnipod

omnipod
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung GT-I5500
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hey, I own a Samsung Galaxy 5 too, and I tried to perform a factory reset on cyanogen, and it hung up on "rebooting...", so I took an awful decision to remove the battery. Now it won't open, not even in recovery mode. Can anyone PLEASE help me out with this one? I'd really appreciate it.

edit: Nevermind, I finally managed to open it ^^

Edited by omnipod, 01 October 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#123 imJUMBO

imJUMBO
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    samsung galaxy gt-i5508
  • CM Version:
    i5508znkp6
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

5508's touchscreen still doesn't work with v1.5-_-#

#124 Zuse

Zuse
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

Yes, this damn thread again.

Goddamit, I followed several tutorials on how to install this and what did I get? That freaking logo looping over and over again. I'll have nightmares with this.

In the recovery menu (which by the way I used Clockwork) it couldn't install the update because: "E:Can't find update.tar", so I rebooted it and now I'm screwed.

Any ideas on how to revert/repair this ****? Because I needed this phone for tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to find a way out with another if I can't manage to fix this, since I just violated my warranty.

Fast replies would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--

EDIT:

I read about the wipe thing, but how the freak am I supposed to wipe it since it won't go past the logo screen? As I said, Clockworkmod.

--

EDIT²:

Fixed.

Edited by Zuse, 16 October 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#125 machu77

machu77
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    GT-I5500
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hi, i 've installed the las cyanogen mod in y GT-i5500 and the batery is not working fine.

I used the phone till the batery deads, and today when i plugged it, the batery charges was on 70% (???????)

The lifetime is about 24 hours max and, before the update, i could used it for about 2 o 3 days.

Does anyone knows something about this.

Thank u guyssssssss!

#126 gvnkamera

gvnkamera
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:gvnkamera
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    lg
  • CM Version:
    mdd
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

thnk

#127 Patrick Linnane

Patrick Linnane
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi Guys

Im having terrible trouble finding the right link to an available zipfolder file for Cyanogen 7.1 for Samsung Galaxy Europa. My phone is currently in Froyo mode, and would like an upgrade.

All the Multiupload links are gone, so what are we supposed to do in upgrading the god damn phone.

If you guys have appropriate links to modify it to Gingerbread, please do post the information here.

Thanks

#128 Evilz3R0

Evilz3R0
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Spice XT531
  • CM Version:
    None, stock rom :(
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

psyke's cyanogenmod7 is a very good rom for g5, y tested it and i recomend it, actually is in 7.2 rc0 and added ics transition effect and have no lag.

#129 superg5user

superg5user
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    ie - Ireland
  • Device Model:
    samsung galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

cm9 for g5?

#130 mdesign

mdesign
  • Donators
  • 2 posts
    pt - Portugal
  • Device Model:
    Samsung G5
  • CM Version:
    CynogenMod-7-20120206-MADTEAM-galaxy5
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yes superg5user... What happened to Galaxy5??
It doesn't even appear on the devices anymore!

Come on Cyanogen Team! Please include us again.

#131 Martin Coll

Martin Coll
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:mgcoll
    ar - Argentina
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy i5500
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7-20120328-MADTEAM-galaxy5
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi, since I read on The Future of CyanogenMod 7 blog post that this phone is gonna be officially supported, I've been watching the mod's news every day for the 7.2 launch!

Does anyone have any information on this subject?

Also, just to mention, i've been using madteam's mod on my phone. I just saw they released a CM9 mod, maybe I'll try it soon!

Edited by Mart n Coll, 14 June 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#132 Stevec111

Stevec111
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    gt-i5500m
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hi, I am a Canadian user of the Galaxy 5 ( here the gt-i5500m ).
It seams that Samsung Canada does not plan to upgrade the galaxy 5 to froyo.
They keep on telling me that the cellphone service provider ( virginmobile ) have to provide the upgrage, but virgin tell me that Samsung have to create the update.
So... we are left in the dark with eclair (android 2.1 update 1) that is full of bug.
I have seen on opensource.samsung.com the sourcecode of android 2.1 update 2, never compiled and never released.
Samsung told me to update my phone with Kies, but there is no upgrade available, well, Kied tell me that my phone canot be upgraded by Kies.
Tried to find mod for that phone but it seams that nobody are working on it, except you, but this is not for canadian phone.
The Hardware is probably the same as the european version.
Do you think that you can port it to the canadian phone?
I think that the only things that you have to change is the baseband and the csc
Actually, this phone is a virgin Mobile phone, but it is compatible with the Bell Mobility sim card, since noew Bell is the owner of Virgin Mobile Canada.

PDA: I5500MUGKE3
Phone: I5500MUGKE3
CSC: I5500MBMCKE3

thank you

#133 Stevec111

Stevec111
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    gt-i5500m
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

HI,

i'm posting in answer to my previous post just in case it could be of any help to other.
This phone is compatible with that mod, i found it in the madteam web page.
You can download it with mad manager, but in Canada, there is no update to froyo from kies so you have to download the rom manually from the web since mad manager is not supported by eclair.

pour les utilisateurs francophone, en europe, si vous avez eu la chance d'obtenir la mise a jour froyo par kies, vous pouvez télécharger mad manager a partir du market. pour tout ceux donc la mise a jour est inexistante, vous devrez télécharger la rom a partir de madteam.
Passez aussi faire un tour sur le site de clockworkmod pour récupérer la rom du recovery qui vous permetras de faire tellement plus que de remettre votre systeme avec les parametres d'usine, donc d'installer cyanogenmod.
La derniere version a ce jour pour tout model europa galaxy 5 est la version 5.0.2.8, c'est simple vous la verrez a coté de galaxy 5 sur le site de clockworkmod.

apres avoir télécharger la rom sur madteam, vous allez la copier sur votre carte mémoire de téléphone, souvenez vous ou vous l'avez mise.
vous allez avoir besoin de odin pour flasher clockworkmod.
une fois clockworkmod flashé, il y a de grande chance pour que votre téléphone ne démare plus sur la rom d'origine, c'est ce qui c'est passé pour moi, je n'ai donc pas eu la chance d'en faire un backup.

ensuite, vous allez formater toute les partitions de votre téléphone (sauf la carte sd) et vous allez flasher cyanogenmod sur votre appareil.

une fois le flash terminé, redémarez votre téléphone, le premier démarage est long.
vous verrez bientot gingerbread sur votre téléphone, dévérouillé, multilangue, multizone.
note: ici au canada, ca fonctionne comme un charme, mais je suis avec virgin mobile et le nom du réseau est bell sur le téléphone, c'est etrange, mais ca fonctionne bien. de toute façon bell est le proprietaire de virgin.
le gt-i5500m est disponible au canada avec virgin mobile et pc choice mobile (le choix du président).
si vous avez des questions n'ésitez pas a demander, je me ferais un plaisir de vous répondre en espérant que ces quelques lignes vous auront été utiles.

#134 Stevec111

Stevec111
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    gt-i5500m
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

some links with info
http://wheeqo.web.id...3-extreme-froyo

http://madteam.co/ne...e-for-galaxy-5/

http://madteam.co/fo...ry-for-galaxy5/

note: in order so view the links on the mad team page you have to register

#135 brainvision

brainvision
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:brainvision
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

hi Stevec111

happy to hear you successfully upgrade you phone to one of the MadTeam's Froyo roms!
Just a little question: did you ask if there's a chence that even the psyke's CyanogenMod 7 could work with your phone? It is built - as the MadTeam ones - for the GT-I5500, so maybe you can upgrade to Gingerbread, that is even better than Froyo, guaranteed!!

see you!

#136 Stevec111

Stevec111
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    gt-i5500m
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

actually, i have tried several versions (already) based on cyanogenmod, having great time testing and flashing actually lol.
most of time i am downloading from mad manager and from rom manager.
can't tell if i've tried the psyke's CyanogenMod 7, but when i'm booting i get a nice boot animation anbd it is writen cyanogenmod 7.
I've also tried cyanogenmod 9 but it is still in alpha stage, running not bad but get it crashing too often to keep it on the phone.
I also get a screen problem, ,sometimes when texting, sometimes browsing the web, the screen goes blank.
I have to push the end/power and then the midle key to get my screen back.
But it is nice anyway.
i say a bit THANKS to all devs for their efforts porting Gingerbread to that phone that was really crapy with that lightning.

If the version you've mentioned is not one of thoses, if you can tell me where i can get it (not really used to browsed forums) i'd test for sure and give feedback here.

#137 EsromG5

EsromG5
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    br - Brazil
  • Device Model:
    GT-I5500
  • CM Version:
    CM9 by psyke83
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

CM7 by psyke83 is stable me ;) - version of day 02/07/2012 :)

#138 Stevec111

Stevec111
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    gt-i5500m
  • CM Version:
    cyanogenmod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

it's working fine, stable, but sometimes i get a blank display, have to lock the phone and unlock it for the display to come back.
I got Bell as the carrier insteas of number, that is good. But... my carrier is virgin (bell is the owner) and i can't connect to the internet through my carrier network, i've set everything but can't get it to work. Not a big problem for me but it did'nt work on other version of cm so... :)

#139 CptSternn

CptSternn
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    ie - Ireland
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy 5 i5500
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

I have seen many people having issues here.  I am new so there already may be a few links to how to upgrade the Galaxy 5 elsewhere on the site (please reply here and let me know sure) but here is how I upgraded my Galayx 5 to CM9 -

First, you must upgrade to Froyo 2.2 or in many cases it will fail and leave you with a mess to clean up on your device.  Here is the link I used, which includes links to the tools needed, to update to Froyo -

http://igyaan.in/201...-galaxy-5/4420/

Once you have that done, you can quite easily upgrade to CM9.  Again, the link below has detailed instructions along with links to the files you will need -

http://www.arulraj.n...m-sandwich.html

I have upgraded three Samsung Galaxy 5 (i5500) phones that originally had Eclair on them to ICS using this method without any issues.

The one thing though that irks me is the new Yelp app does not run on CM9.  This really irks me because Yelp held a recently media event for CyanogenMod when CM9 was released!

http://www.theverge....od-steve-kondik

Why if they are supporting CM9 does their own app not run on it?  Bad form Yelp.

#140 hunterpd

hunterpd
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    gt-i550
  • CM Version:
    cm 10.1.2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

im using cm 10.1.2 waiting for updated cm 10.2 :)