Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Samsung Galaxy 5 / Europa (GT-I5500)

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 georgehank

georgehank
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:georgehank
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
    N/A
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

I just registered, solely (for now) to add my "Thank you" to the (small?) chorus.

So:

THANK YOU!

Although I haven't switched to your build (yet, I'm a bit cautious, I don't have money to spare.... if I had, I wouldn't have gotten a Galaxy 5 ;-)), I'm happy it's being done.  (Say, gimme a couple more days to become more familiar with 'droid...)

#102 gian21391

gian21391
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    GT - I5500
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

subpsyke in Madteam Forum, on 24 April 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

Cyanogen 7.1.0RC0 (based on Gingerbread 2.3.4_r1)
Current version: galaxy5-test2.99 - 16/May/2011
Recommended version: galaxy5-test2.99 - 16/May/2011
Video Reviews: Russian, Brazilian Portuguese 1, 2, 3 (thanks to the uploaders)

Hey folks,

I'm starting a new thread on my Gingerbread build to help me keep better track of releases (as I can't edit the first post in the existing topic). I'll keep a changelog in this first post, along with the latest news and links. When Motafoca resumes his development, we can merge the topics again, or keep them separate if we decide to maintain separate builds. Either way, we'll share the source for anyone to hack :)

Special thanks to Motafoca* for all the "help" given by constantly interrupting me during development...

WARNING!
* READ THE ERRATA BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS OR USING THIS ROM. The most important entries are written in red.
* If you fail to read the errata (and ask silly questions that are already answered), I will personally find out where you live and hunt you down.
* This is alpha-quality software, and some functions are still not available compared to the Froyo builds! Don't expect it to be good enough for everyday use (yet).

VERSIONS MARKED WITH RED TEXT HAVE REGRESSIONS - READ THE NOTES BEFORE USING THEM!

Release list/changelog:
* test2.99 - 16/May/2011 - updated Cyanogen source; TELEPATHY NO LONGER REQUIRED.
* test2.98 + test2.98 hotfix3- 15/May/2011 - updated Cyanogen source; tweaked settings to keep launcher in memory and allow purging of unused assets (this should greatly reduce lag and improve multitasking); more improvements to boot scripts; Bluetooth now uses proper MAC address (see errata); tweaked cache settings for disks; changed GPS libraries (it should now connect to satellites a bit faster). Hotfix3 fixes Bluetooth speed.
* test2.97 + 2.97 hotfix - 13/May/2011 - updated Cyanogen source; improved 2D performance; fixed slow WiFi connection on first boot; fixed WiFi tethering; fixed 3G/WiFi DNS (now uses DNS address from your APN/access point instead of forcing Google's DNS servers); added "Download" mode to list of reboot options (helpful for your once-a-day reflashing :P); reverted to stable Google Apps version (because newer version still has problems); improved boot scripts (cleaner + faster boot); updated kernel (the beginning of some performance tweaks). The hotfix will fix some sound-related lagging caused by a bad kernel configuration.
* test2.96 + 2.96 hotfix - 11/May/2011 / 12/May/2011 (hotfix) - updated Cyanogen source; fixed WiFi signal, mac address & slow DHCP resolution; improved boot scripts; phone will now power off/restart faster (and will also no longer crash during these periods); phone seems to stay cooler (possible battery savings?); moved download cache to data partition (so you can install large apps from the Market, such as Angry Birds Seasons).
* test2.95 - 06/May/2011 - updated Cyanogen source; improved boot scripts so that Bluetooth is initialized properly; updated Google Apps (Talk should be voice-enabled, but hasn't been tested)
* test2.94 - 06/May/2011 - now using open source lights library; fixed USB Mass Storage; fixed headphones; removed unnecessary Cyanogen statistics and update apps; tweaked cache settings
* test2.93
- 03/May/2011 - now based on lge_thunderg code; fixed camera & video recorder; Broke USB Mass Storage and headphones.
* test2.92 - 01/May/2011 - rebuilt against first Cyanogen 7.1.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.4_r1) code merges, fixed WiFi for new version of Gingerbread; Broke USB Mass Storage.
* test2.91 - 30/Apr/2011 - converted system to ext4 (more speed + stability), new kernel (improves performance), fixed regular headphones (thanks to Ronison & Motafoca for patch), fixed wifi disconnections (hopefully), added Google Setup Wizard (no longer crashes), removed RomManager (we can't use it yet), battery life improvements
* test2.9 - 28/Apr/2011 - fixed app crashes (Angry Birds/FPSE, etc.), fully rooted, Phone dialer now locks during call, Market can now sign into Google account, tweak to prevent possible bootlooping problem. Thanks to Motafoca for discovering the crashing problem!
* test2.8 - 27/Apr/2011 - fixed: USB Mass Storage, brightness controls, battery usage, misc telephony bugs, SD/internal drive access speed
* test2.7 - 25/Apr/2011 - fixed 3G, Bluetooth (partial), ADWLauncher scrolling speed (fixed permissions)
* test2.6 - 24/Apr/2011 - fixed lcd density (now 120); added low dpi resources to fix various graphical problems (such as lock widget, boot animation, overlapping widgets, badly sized icons); added FM Radio app (but hardware is not yet working).
* test2.5 - 23/Apr/2011 - first release.

Instructions:
1. Extract the .tar file from the .7z/.rar archive with WinRAR or 7zip.
2. Flash .tar file in Odin with One Package option - do NOT select any other options such as debug.
3a. If you're flashing a full release, you must do a data wipe in recovery mode.
3b. If you're flashing a hotfix, there's no need to do a data wipe.

Working:
* GPS [1]
* WiFi [2]
* WiFi tethering
* 3G
* Sensors [3]
* Brightness controls* Video
* Audio (recording and playback)
* Touchscreen (no multitouch, don't ask because I'm not working on it)
* Root
* Camera (and video recorder)
* Bluetooth [4]

Partially working:
* Telephony [5]
* Microphone [6]

Not working/unknown:
* Radio
* MAD Team EXT4 app2sd [7]
* SIM Contacts / SIM Toolkit

Errata:
[1] GPS does not work with the newest Americas baseband ending in JP9. Check your version at Settings -> About phone -> Baseband. If you have the new baseband, you should downgrade to the JP2 baseband to get GPS (and possibly also 3G) working correctly. GPS is confirmed to work correctly on all European basebands (so far).
[2] WiFi functions properly (connect/disconnect, signal strength and mac address are all working correctly). There may still be problems with automatic reconnection from idle states, and if you quickly turn off/on the WiFi device, DHCP may be slow to connect. I'm still working on these problems.
[3] Although the sensors seems to work fine, the sensor daemon is draining battery like crazy. With sensors enabled, the phone does between 800-1000 wakeups a second. With the sensors turned off, the phone does just 70-80 wakeups a second (note: less wakeups = less battery used). Until this daemon problem is fixed, I recommend that you consider disabling the sensors (Settings -> Display -> Auto-rotate screen) for maximum battery savings. Another problem: you must toggle (turn back on and off) this setting after each reboot, or else the battery drain will continue even though the sensors are supposed to be turned off :/.
[4] Your Bluetooth MAC address will not be correct on the very first start (i.e., the first boot after doing a data wipe). However, on the next reboot (and all future reboots) it will use the proper address. In future I hope to resolve this small problem.
[5] When you first boot the phone, if you receive a call and try to answer with the hardware keys, your phone will reboot. You can clear this bug by making an outgoing call after you first turn on the phone. If you do this, the bug will not return until you turn off your phone. If you receive an incoming call but you forgot to clear the bug, answering with the touchscreen controls instead of hardware keys may not cause a reboot.
[6] The microphone beside the earpiece is activated instead of the microphone at your mouth. This means that callers may have problems with call quality, since they're listening to your ear ;). Until this bug is fixed, I recommend you practice telepathy with your friends (maybe the earpiece microphone will help transmit your thoughts).
[7] I won't add MAD Team app2sd support until this rom is stable (i.e., the microphone, reboot and battery usage bugs are fixed). This should only be used for testing, not for regular use, so I don't want to encourage people to use it so heavily. You can still use Cyanogen's built-in app2sd (the "Move to SD" button) - it's more advanced than Froyo's.

Source:
Available here: https://github.com/p...samsung_galaxy5

* He knows I'm only kidding ;). This build uses Motafoca's kernel, and he always tries to help...

Mad Team Forum

#103 Accro

Accro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy 5 -I5500-
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 -MADTeam-
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

2.992 has been released!! ^___^

#104 dreezz

dreezz
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    samsung i5500 europa
  • CM Version:
    2.2 I5500NEEJP3
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

as there is still no 2.2 version for the Netherlands ( :angry: ),
i'm now (almost) ready to try a cyanogenmod version.

(i flashed my tablet a couple of times, but flashing my phone looks a bit more difficult)

i've downloaded version 2.99

Instructions:
1. Extract the .tar file from the .7z/.rar archive with WinRAR or 7zip.
2. Flash .tar file in Odin with One Package option - do NOT select any other options such as debug.
3a. If you're flashing a full release, you must do a data wipe in recovery mode.
3b. If you're flashing a hotfix, there's no need to do a data wipe.

Which steps do i follow?
1 + 2
3+4 not needed?

What if i want to go back to the original 2.1 dutch version? where do i get it and how will i flash it?

thx for the great work btw! i love the cyanogenmod rom for my tablet!

edit: i'm close to flashing.
phone is in download mode...
started odin, selected this rom via 'one package' but...
it halts at "select OPS"
what to choose? there's no file in the cyanogenmod-rom?
*sorry: bit of a noob*

edit: okay, found the OPS file (on samfirmware site)

flashed my i5500, but...

It passed, but after reboot it's in a loop  :(

i see the samsung logo, then gti5500 and then the small texted "android" and then it starts all over.

after flashing it gave the following errors:

e: can't mount /dev/stl14
e: can't open cache: recovery/log

HELP please!

edit (again ;)):

i found a 2.2 orignal samsung download (rar was called, I5500XWJPJ, but contained I5500NEEJP3  :wacko: )
flashed this one and this time succesfull!
dutch language, swipe in dutch, i'm very, very happy.
(but why is this android 2.2 not available via Kies? samsung said they dn't know if there will be a Dutch 2.2  :unsure: )

Anyway, haven't found any problems yet, and also universalAndroot worked fine.

oh, and my batterylife was always awfull short.
with this 2.2 it seems to last and last (sofar).

Edited by dreezz, 05 June 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#105 Accro

Accro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy 5 -I5500-
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

1)....2):P

#106 dreezz

dreezz
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    samsung i5500 europa
  • CM Version:
    2.2 I5500NEEJP3
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

thx for your response! very helpfull  :rolleyes:

#107 Džiugas

Džiugas
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:Jatawis
    lt - Lithuania
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy 550
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

Yesterday I flashed CM7.1 and I found 1 bug: when I touch „Perkeliama „Wi-Fi“ aktyvioji sritis“ (Wifi tethering, then phone reboots. But I downloaded „Wireless Tether for Root“, then I've got no problems.

#108 Accro

Accro
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy 5 -I5500-
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

we have now portings of CYANOGENMOD 7.1 RC1, CODE AURORA AND CLOCKWORKMOD v4!!! :D

#109 djcarlos7777

djcarlos7777
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@djcarlos7777
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy GT-I5500
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 7.1.0 RC0 (Gingerbread 2.3.4_r1)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

Since I installed the last version, my telephone is only restarting, it shows "cyanogen mod 7" then it restarts and so on  :angry:  :blink:  . What do I have to make?

#110 smint

smint
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    gt-i5500
  • CM Version:
    mad team app2sd 2.2
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

sir i have installed mad rom extremeapp2sd 2.3 in my samsung galaxy 5.i formatted my mobile and put my mobile in downloading mode and connected using usb.I set up odin with ops and cy7.tar and pressed start and it continued to download but it just stop at check platform verification. how can i install please help.......

#111 HawkEyeWPR

HawkEyeWPR
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:HawkEyeWPR
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

Guys,i get in trouble with my galaxy5(gt-i5500) from 7.0.4 is no longer supported  flash by Odin  i install Rom manager, select clockworkmod recovery i search mi device in the list but.. there is n t
no galaxy 5 in the list i ve selected galaxy s and the clockwork mod is the version 2.3.2.5 i reboot in recovery mode(clockwork) and FREEZE dont work.if i reboot normaly  and i go to recovery..TADAAM  the stock recovery. dear developers of Cyaonogenmod i ask you to sometimes release the version of the mod with the file to flash with Odin ,since i buy my phone  and flashed in CM7 i wait for the Overclock e and more Ram free-ed and now when i read the changelog about the overclock i downloadded  happy :D and when i read"..its no longer supported bty Odin" i said " NOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYY :(("
so now because the team arrived at version 1.0 of the 7.1 rc1 can release the file for odin pls ?? i appriciated the big ammount of fix's and the stability of the wifi.
please reply for news for me and other user have the same problem :( now im stopped at 7-0-4 vers 3.41 i will wait for that file
please guys :(

#112 got_milk?

got_milk?
  • Donators
  • 38 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    SGS GT-I9000M
  • CM Version:
    Latest CyanogenMod Nightly (galaxysmtd)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

For Odin, what you ask simply isn't possible - Odin is a tool meant to flash Samsung firmwares and Samsung firmwares only - it's just not possible to flash any ROM such as CM that isn't a reskinned/hacked variant of a Samsung ROM.

#113 jamesgillard

jamesgillard
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    Samsung i5500
  • CM Version:
    -
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi guys,

I bought my first android phone to do a bit of tinkering with today, the i5500.

It came with Eclair so I upgraded to Froyo through Kies and then stupidly thought I'd take it a bit further.

I installed Clockworkmod through Odin and now my phone won't boot, it gets stuck in a boot cycle at the samsung logo.

If i hold down vol down + home + power on, I get to the yellow droid logo which says downloading...

Don't know what I've done or what I need to do :S

Any help would be hugely appreciated, kinda sucks to bust a phone on day one!

#114 duamnien

duamnien
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:diegobussandri
  • Device Model:
    SAMSUNG GALAXY 5 (i5500L)
  • CM Version:
    FROYO 2.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

Sorry,
how long does it take to install CyanogenMod 7?. I ask because I'm 7 hours installing and do not know if it's normal. Thanksss!, I'm desperate!

#115 smit585

smit585
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
    Cm 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

HEy Guyz...!
Im 2 happy to get cyanogenmod in My Galaxy 5!
I am new to cyanogen! But its features are great!
But There are certain problems which is really need to be fixed!

-Although it wasclearly mentioned that phone is partially working in the cyanogenmod site...
still sometimes when i pick up a call (from both hard key and that in the screen)
My phone reboots the loop and the number is not shown in the call log!

-Whenever I play .mp4 format files on my phone it never runs smoothly like a kind of buffering in the Youtube or something!
(PS it didnt happen before)

-My phone freezes many a times a day! It doesnt respond properly sometimes.!

-Sensors are not functioning properly!
Sorry For my bad English

That's All :P
Please help!
Thanks in Advance!

Edited by smit585, 17 August 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#116 smit585

smit585
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
    Cm 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

Guyyzzz If you have any problem related to flashing cyanogenmod...!
Then checkout this link!
http://igyaan.in/201...-4-gingerbread/

It has full info what we have to do..!
Mine is done!
Its really fast...

#117 camovirgil

camovirgil
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    samsung galaxy europa
  • CM Version:
    madteam 2.3 extreme froyo
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

hey guys i just registered to say thanks for this thread it was very helpful to me .....i managed to flash the rom with no problem and have been using it now for 3 days it works very well and so far i have had no crashes freezezs etc..after i flashed i did a benchmark test with quadrant and i got 987 :D

#118 derrend

derrend
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    samsung galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
    CM 7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Please help. I'm new to this modding business so you've prob answered this question a thousand times but there are no audio effects on my device when i install cm7.
The phone rings and buzzes when someone calls and txts me which is fine, but no soound effects when locking-unlocking the screen, or when the phone starts up etc.
Incidently, i'm loving this new world of custom romming i've stumbled accross, keep doing it guys cuz its ******* amazing!
Any help would be greatlt appreciated :)
Thanks in advance.

#119 luisjose3f

luisjose3f
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@Luis_AllStar
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy 5
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

The Samsung Galaxy 5 is a great smartphone
I know that does not fit between the powerful prime
as the Galaxy and S ll S has been more a smartphone
and purchased by its functions, I'm more of a Brazilian
addicted to technology, know that this is no reason for you to carry nothing but speak not only for min over the world for more Androiders android android 2.3 is a great wheel but still not 100% in 5 Galaxy has a few more ports full of nothing definite more bugs and flaws is nothing impossible for you
I know that thousands of users Android OS as I expect it to your smartphone I'm already using linux familirializado
it already had another smartphone with MontaVista Linux OS
and have tried to port Android to him now that I have my android
I hope you leave us to enjoy this pleasure android 2.3 good without further ado:) "I ask them to do a port to final 5 Galaxy" just pray and enjoy a good idea for you.
Links to the ports of the Galaxy 5 Cyanogen mod 7:

http://www.madteam.c...'galaxy5'-port/

http://www.gsmfans.c...?topic=155110.0

Thanks !

#120 Dan279

Dan279
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    GT-I5503
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

I have flashed successfully to my G5 and I have been using it for 2 days already. Thanks guys! Now I can play Angry Birds Rio with NO LAG at all.

Edited by Dan279, 17 September 2011 - 05:49 AM.